21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
whats a helmet?:confused:

·
Registered
370 Posts
For those guys who don't wear a helmet.... I'm one of the guys who cleans up the mess after the guy who pulled out of the 7-11 didn't see you... After having to :barf: scrape :barf: up what's left of you, I will not leave the garage with at least a helmet, jacket, boots, and at least jeans...

·
Registered
699 Posts
You only have to go 10 mph, THEN, "someone's calling 911...!"

·
Registered
925 Posts
I rode through the hotel parking lot over to the gas station in Florida without putting the helmet on. I can`t imagine EVER riding on the street without a helmet, for one, it hurts your ears x10, second you feel incredibly vulnerable (sp), and third, you don`t only look dumb, but it just screams "I have no common sense".

·
Registered
505 Posts
Always,it isn't like you plan accidents so you never know when you'll need it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If i am cruising the strip for girls No.... If plan to do over 20mph off the strip yeah its on like donkey kong!

·
Registered
860 Posts
what if a gal want to ride pillion and you only have one helmet, what does one do? the speeds are well under 30 mph during these conditions...i ask b/c i am always getting this question asked to me

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
AudioSolstice said:
what if a gal want to ride pillion and you only have one helmet, what does one do? the speeds are well under 30 mph during these conditions...i ask b/c i am always getting this question asked to me
You don't let them ride. That's a key reason why so many like a single-seater; there's no question about them getting a ride.

If you're cruising for chicks, and want to be cool yet safe, get some sweet lids (unique or interesting designs), and keep one bungied to the back. I don't give a hoot if you're doing 5mph or 500mph, you need a lid. Hell, I'd call you a buffoon for not wearing a jacket too, but its your skin, and you're more likely to survive a crash w/o a jacket than w/o a helmet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
always
Except one time i just went out with sunglasses on to the store and got hit by a june beetle and shattered my left lens.

Also i believe there might be more wrecks on a cruising strip going 30mph or less then there are on open road. Plus chicks like the mystery with whos behind the chrome visor

:)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Gottico said:
For those guys who don't wear a helmet.... I'm one of the guys who cleans up the mess after the guy who pulled out of the 7-11 didn't see you... After having to :barf: scrape :barf: up what's left of you, I will not leave the garage with at least a helmet, jacket, boots, and at least jeans...
Hey I'm one of those guys too. Don't you just love the squids that are doing a wheelie at 80mph and wreck not wearing a helmet, having to scrap up brain matter and skull fragments. I always wear my helmet no matter what the temp is and where I'm going. i don't want the EMT's and paramedics that come to the scene if god forbid I have to crash to go through the same thing I have done on these scene's.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Helmet?Yes,I have always owned a helmet.I got my first helmet when I was about 3yrs old and got a football helmet for X-mas.:rolleyes:

But seriously folks...When I'm riding a motorcycle I always wear a helmet...and i never go anywhere without my purple helmet:eyebrows: :laughing: :moon:

Matt

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Helmets are compulsory by law here. I couldn't imagine riding without one anyway.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Just wear your helmet, it makes riding far more enjoyable for many reasons. Most of which are mentioned above. The only thing I do before putting on my helmet before a ride is CK my chain and tires:2cents: .

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had lots of people think I was crazy for spending $500 dollers on a helmet but I've always felt you can never spend to much on your head and after spending that much flow, you better believe I'm going to wear it. Hell, I don't even take it off to run in at the 7-11.

Plus I love the panic struck look on the cashiers face as I reach in my jacket and pull out my....wallet. :D

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
That'd be soooo funny!!!:D

Just be careful. If he's been robbed heaps of times before, he may pull a 12 on you and I don't think your helmet will stop that!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've never ridden without, so I can't compare...but I can't imagine riding without one, my helmet has killed so many bugs, wouldn't want to know what that would feel like on my face.

·
Registered
11 Posts
always got to have tha lid. u never know what will happen. i have heard so many stories, although it is tempting sometimes out here in AZ due to tha lack of helmet law.

·
Registered
52 Posts
On my ped I always wear a helmet, and that's on a little 25mph scooter, so I'll for sure wear a helmet when I get a bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Robert said:

Allways. I had an accident few years ago, a fuc%#ng cab did a "u turn" and hit me, if it wasn't for the helmet I wouldn't be here. I think it's part of you, when you're on your bike... but I'm new, I might be wrong...

21 - 40 of 59 Posts