• Never

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
My bike sounds like shit without a helmet. All those creaks and taps and squeaks, and buzzes. No way man, if the thing really is falling apart, ignorance is bliss.
Yeah, I often wear plugs as well, and without those the bike just sounds like it is going to fall apart.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
The only time I rode without a helmet, My ears flapped like a Bas*ard when got over 90 MPH or so!:rolleyes:
Always where your helmet and remember Beany style helmets won't keep your ears from flapping!:p

·
Registered
67 Posts
helmet. gloves. jacket. back protector. at least jeans. always.

maybe I've ridden to the store in sneakers once or twice. otherwise? racing boots.

they just can't put you back together as well as you are originally. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
We had the big noisy cicadas here (every 7 or 17 or whatever number of years the damn things pop out of the ground) and I took one in the middle of my shield at about 70mph. Covered the whole thing and almost crashed. But think how nasty that would have been to hit me in the bare head!! Pain/profuse bug-guts not a good combination.

·
Registered
860 Posts
my two loves are riding and long boarding ( skateboarding on a 4 foot board). longboarding you can get some pretty good speeds and ive bit it once doing i guess about 15mph on my board going down hill with out a helmet:eek: and spent the rest of the day trying to remember my name now imagine that doing 70mph and up. i live in nebraska and well there is alot of space with alot of bugs. my dad who rides with a beenie style helmit came home and needed three stiches on his cheek after hitting a big ass grasshopper doing 75. it was so nasty there were bug parts in the cut:hurl: . helmits shouldnt even be a question they should be a necesity just like proper ridding gear. i look at it like this ive grown very attached to my skin and i would rather not loose it skipping down the interstate, but as always it's your money and my two cents:twofinger

·
Registered
364 Posts
last week I went thru a barbed wire fence at about 60 mph. one of the strands of wire caught right across my visor. hate to think about what would of been without a helmet.Any time I swing a leg over her...the helmet goes on. to see helmet pic go to Daily rider.. topic: I crashed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Always...

Don't have a choice, it's the law in Missouri.

I would wear it anyway even if there were no helmet laws, though...

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
blackkaw said:
last week I went thru a barbed wire fence at about 60 mph. one of the strands of wire caught right across my visor. hate to think about what would of been without a helmet.Any time I swing a leg over her...the helmet goes on. to see helmet pic go to Daily rider.. topic: I crashed.

You're damn lucky that barbed wire didn't go below your helmet!!! No need to explain that aftermath!:barf:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Alway!!

Watch your melon buuudddyyy....It's the only one you got!

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Don't intend to be onw the wrong end of Darwin's theory. Even just going around the block for a test: helmet, jacket, gloves, boots minimum.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts