Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to buy a new visor/face shield for a helmet I got with my bike. Its an HJC Fusion II (a sticker says CL-12 on the side) I went to my local bike store and they didn't have any for it. Im trying to look online but Ive got no clue what to look for as in what helmets it fits, sizes and what not. What I am lookin for is one of those yellow tinted ones that are suppose to help you see at night (MSF class told me about sunglasses made for that purpose so i figured they have visors for the same.) If someone can help me figure this out and give me a lead on were to look I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sepias

·
Registered
499 Posts
if it's a new helmet, the sales-counter-guy should be able to find a shield for it in one of the numerous catalogs he has. If it's older, you may be out of luck, unless you can find one on e-bay. But if the helmet is old enough to be discontinued, you might as well just get a new one.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Just stick with a clear visor. :loser: I wear smoke colored safety glasses and slide them down my nose. They also make yellow tinted safety glasses which would work as you describe. Just make sure you get straight ear pieces and that they are comfortable with your helmet on.

There are several threads on this board covering this subject.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem with stickin with clear lens is that I wear classes. I cant afford progessive lenses or sunglasses. I think Ive found a store that will order them for me though, thanks for the input.

Sepias

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your helmet is 5 years or older, its time to get a new one. I've been told at msf that the material used inside helmets only has a 5 year shelf life.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
That is correct that around ever five or six years it is time to scratch the helmet. Also in many cases the makes are changing the visor on their latest helmet. Shoei is one of the few that have been using the same visor on their helmet for last 10 plus years.

While I have a dark smoked for one of my Shoei helmet that has been replaced for a clear now like the other one.

Sun or not I wear my heavy framed industrail protective lenses AND I wear bifocals.

Have not woren a pair of sun glasses in my life.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then I'll probly just start savin and buy a new helmet. I just bought my bike so I'm scrounging to buy the other supplies I need. (riding jacket, frame sliders, and a few replacement parts for my bike) If they really only do have a 5 year shelf life a new helmet would be a good idea since I went down for the first time today. Grass at 10MPH still hurts I dont care what anyone says :p

Thanks,
Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Gear is one of the things that too many new riders forget. A complete set of riding gear should be budgeted for when considering how much you can afford to spend on the bike itself.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did have it budgeted. I bought the helmet with the bike... I guess the helmet is just old lol. I've found the visors for it at a bike dealer but I dunno how old the helmet is though.

Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
I did have it budgeted. I bought the helmet with the bike...
That's great that you've got a helmet, but I was referring to ALL your gear, not just one piece of it. ie: Gloves, jacket, pants and boots. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive got everything cept the jacket which is on the way. Im waited to get it cuz I found cheap online. It should be here in a few days.

Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Ive got everything cept the jacket which is on the way...
Ah, I see. You only mentioned the helmet, so I didn't realise. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NP, Glad to know people are watchin out for each other :D

Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Most people on this board are very protective of new riders. We all want to become "old" riders.

FTR, I've got an HJC myself, but it's an LT-12. It's my first helmet. I'll probably update when I come to the States next year. I also want to buy a full set of leather gear.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I become a bit more confident in my skills Im going to replace my helmet with a new HJC probly. I wish leather gear was in my budget... maby next year :rolleyes:
If you find yourself in FL when you come to the states gimme a hollar!

Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
...If you find yourself in FL when you come to the states gimme a hollar!...
Sorry, not in Florida at all. Canada (Big White), Atlanta and North Carolina only.

I could spend a year just travelling around the States, having a beer with every SBW member.

Hey, now there's an idea... :cheers:

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'll be in Zona in january cookee. My wrist should be back together and ready to ride. I'll buy the beer. We can sit around and talk about the crocadile hunter or something :twofinger

-M-

I got an Icon Mainframe, black Bling of course...

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Zona?? As in Arizona? Sorry, not going there.

Won't be in the States 'til mid - late March.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your goin to the norhtern states, thats smart. It gets to damn hot in the southern states for long cruises. Its perfect right now though with highs in the mid 70's. If you had beer with every member you would be fast on your way to bein an alcoholic :barf2:
Have fun,
Sepias

1 - 19 of 19 Posts