Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The helmet; Arai, Quantum/e

Problem; This helmet produces "way" to much wind noise going down the freeway above 60mph. Way to much!!!! It is as if the face shield guards on the side pick up the wind and send it right into the ears. I ride with ear plugs, but, YIKES!!!

Question?: Got any ideas on what to do?

My friend at MotoWkX offers the idea to play with these sicky items that are raised a little to deflec the wind off of the affected areas. But it's a hit and miss, trial and error gig.

Short of buying a new helmet, I'm at a loss.

I'm open for "any" suggestions.

·
Registered
233 Posts
dont know how true this is but ive heard that earplugs are actually
good to wear when riding. with earplugs youll hear things a little
more defined. not as much noise.
besides this try a different helmet before you go buy one or that
thing you suggested

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The 'must' about ear plugs along with any helmet is that it is like driving a cage with windows down being NO PLUGS, & windows raised up WITH PLUGS. So hearing is perfect as one can get it with plugs & less stress & noise upon the rider be they short or long runs.

I have had plugs made to fit my very ears & not as good as the less costly soft plugs as the custom made ones tend to slip out a bit earlier & a bit farther then the soft plugs, BESIDES when one looses the custom made ones it is a costly loss while the cheap soft plugs is simply a small loss & I will always have a spare set or two, properly packaged, in the pockets of my various m/c jackets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if it's really that bad, it never hurts to get a better helmet. Maybe one with a wind deflector at your chin. Plus, the added safety of a quality helmet is nice too. Ear plugs help a ton but don't really fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts