Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions on keeping my new helmet new? I just got a Suomy Spec1R Xaus helmet and I baby it as much as I do my bike. Ive been cleaning the visor with windex after every ride. I also go over the rest of the helmet with windex and wax it with the wax I use on my bike. It looks good but I dunno if there are better ways out there to take care of it. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Sepias

P.S. I also have noticed that after I lube my bike chain it tends to spit the lube up onto the rear fairing of the bike and covering it with black greasy spots that are a pain to clean off. Any suggestions on how to prevent this? I do have a chain guard on the bike but it doesn't extend long enough to prevent this.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
...I also have noticed that after I lube my bike chain it tends to spit the lube up onto the rear fairing of the bike and covering it with black greasy spots that are a pain to clean off. Any suggestions on how to prevent this? I do have a chain guard on the bike but it doesn't extend long enough to prevent this.
Do you wipe the excess off after lubing the chain? I try to lube mine in the arvo, then let it sit overnight, before wiping it down the next morning.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually lube it after I ride and Im putting it up for the night. I dont wipe the excess, I was told not to because it should for a film sorta thing over the chain. I dunno, this might not be correct but it sounded good. I put a heavy coat of wax on the fairing were it get spattered after I cleaned it last time and I'm hoping that helps.

Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
I usually lube it after I ride and Im putting it up for the night. I dont wipe the excess, I was told not to because it should for a film sorta thing over the chain. I dunno, this might not be correct but it sounded good. I put a heavy coat of wax on the fairing were it get spattered after I cleaned it last time and I'm hoping that helps.

Sepias
Tell you what, instead of us rehashing an ooooooold subject, just do a quick search under "chain lube" and you'll find a plethora of previous threads on the subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts