Sportbike World banner

helmet insurance

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  prometheus 
#1 ·
does anyone know about coverage for a helmet? i paid 600$ for my helmet and another 500$ for the paint job so thats 11 bills for my helmet. i have allstate and they told me helmets are not covered under motorcycle insurance. does anyone have any experience on this?

------------------
They have the internet on computers now???

#2 ·
Here in Quebec, we have the SAAQ insurance which is part of our registration fee. If you have an accident, they cover up to $1000 for replacement (or repairing) of clothing and helmets. I claimed a $700 Arai Quantum/f this spring. If your helmet gets ripped off, I think that most household insurance policies would cover that, but you should check with your insurer to be certain.

------------------
Rossco.

#3 ·
I have Allstate Insurance. When I wrecked my F4, I ruined my helmet, gloves, jacket and boots. Allstate would only give me $200.00 towards gear replacement. It sucks, but thats how it goes.

Maybe you could get your homeowners insurance to cover that kinda stuff???

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:Kyle@sportbikeworld.com

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

#4 ·
Can you post a picture of your helmet?
What brand is it and what did you do to it? I am curious what a $1100 lid looks like. I thought I was big money with a $550 AGV.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

G
#8 ·
Hey GodCreatedOne,

You need a webserver to post a pic, Send me the picture and I'll host and post for you :)

HEY Rossco929!

I did not know that about the SAAQ, Well I guess they should do something like for 300 F'in dollars a year!!!!

Did you hear anymore on the registration hike ?? It is suppose to increase to 3X the current price ?

900$ a year to register my bike ?? Not including insurance F**K that! I'll sell my bike if it comes to that! I won't pay that much a year, Even now it's more to register my bike than my car!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

#12 ·
trust me it looks alot better without the refelctions...you cant get the detail...it is a bad pic but everyone that has seen it says its amazing...the only thing im upset about is its too dark and doesnt match my bike that much

------------------

[This message has been edited by GodCreatedOne (edited September 15, 2000).]

G
#14 ·
Posted by the Guy with the foot in his mouth: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Either Squid is being his normal comical self, or you got screwed out of $500.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLOL! :D ROFLOL! :D (Im laughing at Pete)

Hey GodCreatedOne, I kinda like it,

But why would you spend 500 $ on a paint job? I wouldn't because helmets only last a couple years. but that is just me... :)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

#15 ·
well i own a tux store and i did it as a trade for a wedding...we did 500 in trade so actually out of my pocket was just the dry cleaning ie. about 50$ but then again i could have made the cash but i like it and i quess thats all that counts...its different

------------------

G
#16 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GodCreatedOne:
trust me it looks alot better without the refelctions...you cant get the detail...it is a bad pic but everyone that has seen it says its amazing...the only thing im upset about is its too dark and doesnt match my bike that much

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GCO, good on ya for handling my sarcasm with such restraint (I was trying to beat Tristan to the punch). :D IMO, all that really matters is that *you* like it.

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited September 15, 2000).]

#17 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:

HEY Rossco929!

I did not know that about the SAAQ, Well I guess they should do something like for 300 F'in dollars a year!!!!

Did you hear anymore on the registration hike ?? It is suppose to increase to 3X the current price ?

900$ a year to register my bike ?? Not including insurance F**K that! I'll sell my bike if it comes to that! I won't pay that much a year, Even now it's more to register my bike than my car!

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No shit! Me and a friend are seriously considering buying a little house just over the border into Ontario, and using the address for tax purposes and vehicle registrations and such. I would save over $4000 a year in income taxes alone! Add vehicle regies, insurance, etc, and I could save a bundle. We would rent the house out, and have the tennants pay the mortgage for us. If they hike my bike's registration fee, I think that will be the last straw, and I will have to do something like that. By the way, I heard that they wanted to double it for nest year, and then triple it for 2002. It is far from a done deal though, I think. The SAAQ look like a bunch of idiots for removing the motorcycle course requirement for a license, and then having all these extra motorcycle deaths. I would imagine that they will try reinstating the course requirement before they hike the registration fees, but I could be wrong.

------------------
Rossco.

#18 ·
to each his own, and all - and i mean that. but jeez. me? that's a helmet that i'm glad i don't own -- i'd pay someone to take it away. i'd paint it black with spray enamel. arf, arf, arf. :eek:

but glad you got a lid you're proud of and you like it. bet you wouldn't be caught dead in my plain white unadorned helmet, either, wouldya? ;)

but damn that's ugly :eek:

arf.

------------------
99 sv650 (red)

Austin Sportbikes

DoD #X

#19 ·
Hey GCO, I am sorry I caused all the grief for ya. To hell with all of em huh?
If it helps any, most of my friends make fun of my 900SS. They say I have a lawmmower motor in a Ducati frame. Just remember, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got em and they all smell like sh*t.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.