Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wut up,
Do you guys walk around with a helmet in your hand in high school or college? I am going to ride my motorcycle to college tommorow and was wondering If I would look kind of strange walking with a helmet through the hallways.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would recomend having the admin office hold it for you during the day, or have a teacher put it under their desk for the day. They should be concered enough with that brain of yours to do it for you seeings how they have dedicated their lives to expanding it!! Although carrying it around probably isnt a bad idea either, might even work better than the puppy trick:D ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey! I just posted to this thread in another forum... spam poster!!!! j/k.

If the only reason you ask is because you think you might look weird carrying it, carry it. If people don't understand it's a safety issue, they are yuppies... like this smilee! :hello:

P.S. Chicks dig bikes!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I still go to high school and ride my bike there when it’s warm. I park in the autoshop and leave my bike in there because I trust that my auto teacher wouldn’t let anything happen to my bike or my gear. But for the very few occasions when my auto teacher was not at school and I rode my bike there, I parked in the senior parking lot and I carried my helmet around with me and put it on a empty desk close to me or under my seat. I haven’t had anything but positive comments about my bike at school except for the usual elderly teachers giving me the bikes are dangerous speech :rolleyes: .

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
wheelieboy said:
<snip>except for the usual elderly teachers giving me the bikes are dangerous speech :rolleyes: .
:laughing: It doesn't end in high school, either. Some girlfriends, fiances, and wives will give you the same speech repeatedly. In fact, I've gotten the speech from about 4 people immediately following my recent rear-ending. Ah, the penalty for the addiction.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I cary mine around campus all the time. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I met a great riding buddy, one of my professors at college, because I carried my skid-lid to class. 20 years later, we still see each other occasionally at the races at Sears or Laguna Seca.

My wife was quite fond of the leather jacket...we met in college :D

Cheers!

Kev

·
Registered
271 Posts
It depends on where I am as to whether or not I carry my helmet in with me or lock it to the bike. When I ride to work, I usually lock it, but I carry it in when the visor is dirty so I can clean it for the ride home.

I always carry it if I'm parking somewhere I'm not familiar with. Never know who might want to mess with it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i always carried it, chicks dig it, lets them know you are a MAN :p

just put it under your seat or something, that's what i did...it was a pain in the ass, but i'd rather carry it than let it hang off my bike and get wet if it rains or who knows what

·
Registered
458 Posts
I guess it all depends on how much you value others opinions of you. I rarely take my helmet with me to class unless its a) raining b) the temp will hit the dew point and the helmet will get soggy.

This probably depends on where you go to school too (ive thought alot about this during my sociology study of people and cliques)... My school for example (UD) has a very large NYC/long island/snob/fashion influence. So if your tryin to score a chick, you'll have better chances with a "fake" designer motorcycle leather jacket (like the new one from Tommy Hilfiger) than with your helmet or jacket. But I have found that no matter how snobby, most girls like bikes.

Me personally, I take my jacket with me only because I have nothing else to do with it. And since my school has so many people (approx 18,000 in a town that you can cross in 5 minutes) and such a large percentage of that is women (59% i believe) and the large majority of them are what we would call "hot"... i really don't give a flyin f* what people think of me, so on the nice days i occassionaly bring the helmet around, its led to good things. But I like to be known as Kyle, who has a bike, not the guy with the bike, Kyle. See my point? Im done rambling.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i hear ya on the snobby chick deal.....but i never go after those kinda of gals...they are too damn high maintenence and quite frankly are boring.....you have to go after the "far and few between" hot ass fine hoes that are smart and not brought up my the mighty dollar they make the greatest girl friends b/c they tend to be more caring and want to make their man happy. plus they are more attracted to bikes then the snobby chicks, to bring it back on topic

·
Registered
232 Posts
I always carry my helmet with me, I don't want anybody f'n with it or if it rains I don't it wet inside for the ride home. I don't care what people think of me, people are entitled to their own opinons and you can't let them bother you if they do think you are a dork or weird for carring something around that could save your life when you lay down your bike or something.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I always took mine to class with me. Nothing quite gets the classes attention like showing up 10 minutes late, dripping wet, carrying all your gear! I just smiled and sat down!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts