Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm vain, but what do you all do with your hair when you ride??? I personally have long, fairly curly hair, but once it goes under that helmet it goes flat and otherwise icky looking. I've basically decided that my best bet is to just pull my hair back into a low ponytail and leave it at that, but does anyone have any tricks to keeping your hair somewhat decent looking after putting on the helmet???

Also, are there any ways of keeping makeup on, instead of having all your foundation and powder all over the inside of the padding? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
866 Posts
well I'm no woman, but as far as the hair thing goes I don't know why you have issues, my fiancee and all her friends want bikes, not to ride just so they car cruise with the helmet on then look really cool taking it off. I guess its a woman thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 13 year old daughter that doesn't like to go places on the bike with me because of the helmet hair thing. Hope someone can help. Thanks for bringing this issue up

·
Registered
866 Posts
a 300lbs womam on a hog wearing leather pants:barf: :hurl: :barf: .

let me make a correction to the previos post, we don't care about hair or make up as long as you have tight leathers and a tight butt

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I have shoulder-length thin straight hair... I put it in a low ponytail and leave it at that. When I get done riding, I turn my head upside down and kinda try to "fluff" it that way.

As for the makeup... I wear MAC (excellent product) and rarely have it rub off on the inside of my helmet. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
My girlfriend wears a bandana. The girl kind, its not the big square sheet of cloth, but a smaller sheet with a string that ties in a knott....if that makes sense.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hair Ties

I had really long hair, I pulled it into a low pony tail, then I covered it with this hair tie thingy that they sell at Cycle Gear- it wraps around the length of the pony tail and snaps on, it will stay on all day. It comes in several different lengths, and in leather, neoprene etc... I found that it keeps my hair from ratting up- thus no crying as you brush massive tangles out and break your hair. It keeps it as smooth as when you put it in it. But where you put your helmet on, well, don't know what to tell ya, the helmet has that wonderful way of mashing it to your head... I don't worry about it much- mostly I was concerned about the knots and headache of getting it straightened out after a ride.
I don't wear make up but isn't there a commercial on stay all day foundation?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen those hair tie/sash things you mentioned, and wondered if they worked at all... Guess I have my answer now! :D Yes, brushing my hair out last night was a treat. Not only did my ponytail holder fall out, but we got rained on BIG TIME, so my hair dried without any constraints in the wind on the way home. The curls and knots took probably half an hour to tame. :eek:

My makeup isn't any sort of giant routine, but I like to have a little something on my face when I go out. I don't actually use any foundation, as I have sensitive skin, so I stick to concealer and pressed powder, so it's the powder that I find plastered to my padding at the end of the day. I guess I'll have to suck it up and deal, or worse yet, just wear a 3/4 helmet...

·
Registered
46 Posts
saturntangerine said:
I've seen those hair tie/sash things you mentioned, and wondered if they worked at all... Guess I have my answer now! :D Yes, brushing my hair out last night was a treat. Not only did my ponytail holder fall out, but we got rained on BIG TIME, so my hair dried without any constraints in the wind on the way home. The curls and knots took probably half an hour to tame. :eek:

My makeup isn't any sort of giant routine, but I like to have a little something on my face when I go out. I don't actually use any foundation, as I have sensitive skin, so I stick to concealer and pressed powder, so it's the powder that I find plastered to my padding at the end of the day. I guess I'll have to suck it up and deal, or worse yet, just wear a 3/4 helmet...
why does this makeup/hair thing looks even more technical than bike mecanics :S
;)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Divert the attention

If you are good looking, and toned...Go with the see through thong bikini. Most guys won't notice if you have a head, much less hair or make-up on it.:D

Ok....Ok....Put down the napalm, phosphorus grenades, and flame throwers, I am just kidding:rolleyes:

Seriously though...Don't worry about makeup, natural beauty works better than all that fake shit. A pony tail out the back of a ball cap works for me to:drool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
:rolleyes: I had long hair when i first started riding but after having to brush through the knots and tangles and all i wasn't having that ..... i cut my hair shoulder length and i have no problem with it now !!!;) but the bandana thing does work too cuz i used to do that sometimes.... but make-up wise well i haven't had a real problem with that except for those hot 100 degrees plus days but you have to expect that

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
In my younger years I had long (just shy of ass length) hair. My "Friends" used to call me Nelson (after the Nelson twins) :rolleyes: I would use one hair band at the base of my neck and another at the end of my hair. It still managed to tangle a little, but it was much easier than trying to run a brush or comb through hair that had been allowed to wisp around freely.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I recently cut my hair very short after 16 years of no hair cuts. I would ask my wife to braid it & the put the braid down inside my jacket. When I didn't have a braid a couple of those pony tail things & again put it inside my jacket. Now with short hair I too just put a cap in the little storage compartment. Sorry but the makeup thing is out of my experience:p so i don't have an answer for ya.
I gotta tell ya though that girls who ride are unique enough that most guys are gonna be intrigued even with helmet hair. They see you get off a bike & shake out your hair, believe me that's sexy.:thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm a guy with hair about an inch long and even it looks pretty crazy after a day of riding. I think there's no way out, except the magic bad-hair-day solution, wear a hat!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cut my hair shoulder length and have no problems with it now. other than bringing a brush with you, or styling it when you get off your bike I dont know what to sujest. As for make up, try to stay away from anything liquid, or any of the sticks or pencils, as they tend to smudge more. I found light make up works, and powder doesnt move as much, although I dont wear it often.

good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I work in an office environment, so I usually wear slacks to work, but I still ride my bike! I just carry clips with me to clip it back. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do when we have long curly hair to keep it from getting mashed in our helmet! I tried using a "doo" rag (bandana) and that seems to work better than nothing, but if I'm really in the mood to fix my hair, I will go to the bathroom with my pick and wet my hair and spray it again. If I'm just out in public riding, I go with the clip.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts