Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get helmet hair like the troll hair so i can fur out my helmet. Also, does anyone know how to do it. Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
I got my fur at a place called Hancock Fabrics... They have them in Michigan but not sure where else...

I used spray adhesive to glue it down.. Take your time too, cuz it can get a little messy with the Glue flyin around in the air...

I also recommend the the mirrored shield..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEET HELMET. What do you mean spray adhesive, what is the name of the product? Also, funny pics in your gallery.

Thanks,:p

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks for the Comments..

The spray adhesive I used was made by Elmer's.

Its basically just like hairspray, but is glue.. You can get it at any hardware store for around $4 or $5....

Good Luck...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Okay, Ferraccio69, I have been looking for the furry stuff for about a month now. I have had NO luck! I am in Maryland, can't find it at Hancock Fabrics or JoAnn Fabrics. I have driven an hour and a half south with still no luck. I have searched on the internet for the material. I have sent messages to different places with still no luck. I want to do this so bad. It would be a kick.

What part of the United States are you, Ferraccio69? Good luck in finding it. If you do, please let me know.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your welcome, furrychocha. Thanks again.

Hey, Kathy:

WOW! You drove for about an hour and a half. I live in florida and too am willing to do something funky with my helmet. This weekend i will go to the nearest fabric store, hopefully they carry it. If furrychocha found it and did it, so can we. And if we are not successful in finding the fur then i'll see if furrychocha can get me the fur in his area. What color are you interested?...just in case they have your color then i can send it to you. Im looking for a lime green or black. Good luck in your expedition in looking for the fur. Keep me posted if you find any. Later,:p

·
Registered
963 Posts
Try doing some searches on the web for Fabric Companies and so-forth..

One of my buddies found a place that he ordered some stuff from when he furred out his bike. I just can't remember the name of the link...

·
Registered
265 Posts
furry, see if you can get the website address for us. Yellow would be my first choice, then orange but furry has orange and is in Michigan so those would be my two choices.

I will check again on the internet tonight, do some searches. I have a friend in PA, she is looking up there for me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey kathy:

i just clicked on that link and it reads Mendels genetic .....i don't see any furrry .......i want furry. Check if they have lime green.

Thanks.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Aahhhh what this world coming too..

Little Furry Clans of Space Muppets riding around on sportbikes all over the US...:eek:

I love it.... Rock on...:D

Be Sure to send me some pics if you guys get it all done...

Chris

·
Registered
265 Posts
Okay, try this one....www.mendels.com click on faux fur on the left side, you will need to scroll down. Then scroll down and click on non patterned faux fur and then scroll down some more and make sure you are in the long fur and not in the short fur area. Yes, they do have a lime color and an emerald color.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts