Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had decided on the EXO700 in the chameleon pattern, but then i just found that i can get an Icon mainframe for $225 (or one on closeout for 150), or one of the new Airframe's for $244. They're the same for me comfort wise (this will be my 1st helmet). I'm not sure on the colors for the icons (the least important thing, i know). The icons are marginally lighter, but i've tried both (for a while) on and cant tell a difference. Also, the scorpion DOES NOT FOG. I've tried. Shoei fogs, arai fogs, the icon is better than most, and i ride in the summer.

Thanks for any help. I may just buy the icon mainframe maniac, cause it's the one on closeout.

:huh:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I've had 2 Icon helmets. The Mainframe is a good one and if you're riding in the summer, fog shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had the mainframe helmet for about 4 months now and love it, My wife just picked up a Shoei Vogue and I must say it too is very nice. I have put it on and even brand new it was very comfortable (not the case with my mainframe, I had to break it in, but its great now).
Id say you can not go wrong with either of those two brands, then again they are the only two I have tried for any amount of time.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Do not fret, for if this is your first helmet just try to keep the price down as long as the helmet seems to fit. In a year or two you might notice you purchased a helmet a bit to large (for 75% purchase a size or more to large---take it from one that has been in the m/c business & started to wear helmets in comp in '47 & naturally once it became compulsory in '65) for in a year or two you might want a change to something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried them on and the icon fits perfect. The scorpion was a little wierd fitting. I'll probably get the airframe. Thanks for you help

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Yeah, I'm on my way out of a Shoei (X-11) because the cost should totally prevent fogging and it doesn't. Sounds like you've made your decision so go for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts