Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALright so you guys all know that helmets get hit by bugs. and when you do this at 100 km an hour or faster it deos what I call desintegration. I am wonder how you can scrape the bugs off your helmet visor and everywere else without leaveing streaks on a flat black helmet?(flat meaning it deos not shine at all)

Thanks guys

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cookeetree said:
Mine's not flat black, but I just use glass cleaner or warm soapy water to clean my lid.

Thats what I did to but on flat black it deos not work it leaves white streaks all the way across... And I have tryed a shammy.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
shifterx said:
Thats what I did to but on flat black it deos not work it leaves white streaks all the way across... And I have tryed a shammy.
Sorry, mate, can't help you more than that. Good luck with it. :thumb:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
If a typical spray bottle with DI water and a drop of dish soap doesn't do it, try changing your towel out for newspaper. Works great on cars so probably worth a try. If that fails, then continue using that for cleaning and use a microfiber towel with a gloss spray. Can't remember what gloss spray I use on the bike but I got it FAR at Menards quite some time ago.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Helmets are the most and necessary thing for the bike riders, it will protects our life,from unexpected accidents. So we have responsibility to keep that thing as clean, cleaning helmet is not a big thing, i am using the helmet spray cleaners and warm water for cleaning my helmets. After that i will keep my helmet for drying with a fan blowing into it for a few hours. This is the correct procedure to clean the helmet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For the shield I use glass cleaner and coat it with glass science. For the helmet it self It treat it as a painted panel. But I use waterless wash And seal with premium wax or paint sealant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts