Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've hear that the quick-snap buckles are not as safe to use as the helmet's stock D-rings. I've been using the quick-snaps for a year now and love them.. anyone have any bad experiences with these (particularly safety related)?...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the only problem is once you put it on you can't take it off and switch it to another. Some people just dont like how its not as snug as if you use the straps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Um.... I think you are partly wrong. I use them and have been for the last 7 years. I love it. I have been using the same one and just switching it from helmet to helmet.

If they are unsafe then why do they come stock on some Bieffe helmets?

Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Buckles

Most race sanctioning organizations won't allow you to have them on your helmet for that exact reason.....can't be assured they'll keep your helmet on in case of a crash.

I don't see anything wrong with the D-rings, either, but my girlfriend has a hell of a time threading the strap through the rings. Deal with her is HER helmets have buckles.

And we all KNOW we don't ever ride without helmets, don't we???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've used the same one on sever helmets

and the MSF advised me against it (even though my instructor uses one).

I just like being able to use them with my gloves on instead of those damn D-rings..

Just wasn't sure if anyone ever heard of a problem that could have been prevented if it weren't for the quick-release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts