1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretending to work. :D

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
If you're looking for the Redline group, they all pissed off to their own site, and only come back here when it craps out on them. Then bitch about this site while theirs is down. :laughing:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sometimes we lurk.

I'm pretending to work too.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. Tell me I'm wrong, if you can.

There really are very few Redline members I am not a fan of. Most of them were really cool and I enjoyed the debates here and there.

I do think they collectively had/have an over-inflated sense of self though, in that they thought when they left here this site would shut down or something. Really, traffic dropped by about a third for a few days, but it's back up.

I have checked out the new site and it looks great. I congratulate them on getting it up and running, they've been talking about it for years. Ever since the SBN shutdown. I see a lot of bitching about SBW over there, and it's amazing how short some people's memory is. SBW took on a shitload of users when SBN shut down, and we tried to accomdate everyone as best we could. I thought we did ok, and tried to help out whenever asked.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

There really are very few Redline members I am not a fan of. Most of them were really cool and I enjoyed the debates here and there.

I do think they collectively had/have an over-inflated sense of self though, in that they thought when they left here this site would shut down or something. Really, traffic dropped by about a third for a few days, but it's back up.

I have checked out the new site and it looks great. I congratulate them on getting it up and running, they've been talking about it for years. Ever since the SBN shutdown. I see a lot of bitching about SBW over there, and it's amazing how short some people's memory is. SBW took on a shitload of users when SBN shut down, and we tried to accomdate everyone as best we could. I thought we did ok, and tried to help out whenever asked.

My "oh..:eek:" was simply about "oh, I had no idea redline had moved to its own site, silly me" thing. :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
God it's so quiet! I have to spend AT LEAST a few hours a day talking about my bike or I'm gonna have to ditch work and go detail it or something... I'll go into withdraw and start talking to my customers about why women make better riders than guys and how 'just under' wreckless isn't considered speeding really... It's sooo not going to be pretty.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

Well u missed the reason we left completely. The main issues were over-moderation (Redline sponsors being banned) and the inundation of advertisements that began appearing when motorcycle.com took over. Not to mention on overall lack of features unless you were willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Oh and then there is the fact that half of our members couldn't access there PM box and when they attempted to get support they never got any response.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
and the fact i had to log in 20 damn times to make 1 single post.

blah to SBW, this worthless ass site. im surprised i can make a post now. there have been many topics i wanted to post on, but couldnt cause i had to log in repeatedly. i finally gave up after the 3rd log in attempt. and tryin to get any help is about pointless as well.

as a whole group (members i mean) SBW was great. but upper management needs to pay attention instead of collecting the checks and sitting on thier asses.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Well u missed the reason we left completely. The main issues were over-moderation (Redline sponsors being banned) and the inundation of advertisements that began appearing when motorcycle.com took over. Not to mention on overall lack of features unless you were willing to pay.
Well, I don't have much control those issues, however I do have a few questions/comments.

I do know Redline had an agreement with Robert & I assume Mike when the owned the site. I was not privy to the details of the agreement, so can you tell me what rules were laid out as far as advertisers? If none were specifically stated, then all advertisers fell under the same rules as any for the site. Namely, they were to contact the owner to work out rates (or whatever deal they worked out). We as the supermods were informed when deals were made and the allowed usernames, and anyone we weren't informed of was dealt with. Period. If someone worked out a deal and was later banned it was because of a failure in communication with the mod group. I'm not sure which category your particular grievances fall under, but those are the guidelines we as mods used. Nobody in the Redline group was specifically targeted. None of us had the time, or the "give a shit" to do so.

As far as motorcycle.com taking over, we (mods/supermods) again had no control, or really even any warning on that either. Yes, we are considered the site leaders, however I would venture to guess very few of us have even spoken to the actual owners, much less discussed site strategies with them. Frankly I'm surprised the same group of mods has been retained with all of the times the site has been sold, but we have, so we do the best we can. I wish we didn't have the advertisements as well, but it's a reality of life (it takes money to run a site). One easily avoided as described a few times in various threads (Firefox with adblocker avoided paying for subscriptions). As far as login issues, anytime a site undergoes a major software change there will be bugs and other issues to deal with. The supermods have some access to change settings, but have no ability to debug certain issues. Overall I think they did a fair job of getting things up and running. Some things could have been done better, but shit happens.

I'm glad Redline has their own site now, and probably not for the reasons you think. As mentioned, I will honestly miss a good majority of the members, but they have been talking about their own forums since the early days of coming here from SBN. Congrats to them all for finally getting it done. :thumbs2:

I'd visit the Redline site, but I have a sneaking suspicion I wouldn't last long there. ;)

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
and the fact i had to log in 20 damn times to make 1 single post.

blah to SBW, this worthless ass site. im surprised i can make a post now. there have been many topics i wanted to post on, but couldnt cause i had to log in repeatedly. i finally gave up after the 3rd log in attempt. and tryin to get any help is about pointless as well.

as a whole group (members i mean) SBW was great. but upper management needs to pay attention instead of collecting the checks and sitting on thier asses.
Why are you surprised? There are a fairly defined set of rules for the site. Breaking them will get you banned, but simply bitching about the site management is not one of them. Basically, attacking other members and spamming are the two quickest route to the door. Otherwise a lot of shit is let go. If we were such Nazi's, why are the links to the new Redline site still around? It's easy enough to get into the site settings and censor any post with Redline or any links to it, but yet we haven't. Hmmm. What a bunch of assholes we are. All this in spite of another "show them the door" rule against advertising for competing forums. God we're pricks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i have sent countless pms to mods asking for assisteance in the matter at hand. i got no responce in the months ive sent said pms. months and months went by of me not being able to post but once in a great while when i was actually able to post after 1 or 2 log in attampts. this to me means the ppl in charge dont care about the ppl who post on their board.

nothing personal to you, as if i remember correctly YOU actually helped me about this before, but couldnt seem to figure out why i was having this issue. that was my main issue with SBW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts