Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am looking into getting my 1st bike. I went to my local kawasaki dealer with no plans whatsoever bu purchase a bike. Now, since it would be my 1st bike, I was thinking of getting a 250R or a 500R. Now, from what I've heard from friends, the 250R sucks a lot, and the 500R is almost the same. Guy at the dealer told me the same exact thing. Now, I need to know what tips or what should I do. The only bike I saw that I kinda liked was the 650R, which comes out to a total of 7120 and changed, with a 13.99 and monthly payments of $99 until bike is paid off. Any suggestions as to if I could get the price lowered down a bit or any other tips that I could use. They only had a red and I don't like red, so the guy told me that he was going out on business and that he was going to see if he could get me a black bike. So technically, I have a week to decide what should I do....

Discuss...

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Welcome! :hello:

·
Registered
609 Posts
What sucks about the 250 & 500? The only downside I'd say about the 250 is if you're going to be doing a lot of highway riding. Very buzzy engine and accelerating from 50-60 to pass someone is pretty lethargic...but still good enough. The 500's plenty of power.

$99 until it's paid off? Is that on the Kawi credit card or a loan? Stay away from the credit card(unless you plan on paying it off early)...if you're one day late on a payment, your rate will go through the roof, and I'm pretty sure the initial rate is only locked for a couple years or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! Working on getting my 1st bike too. I've been spending a lot of time looking into the 250R so I'm on a Ninja forum a lot. Great bike from reviews and riders that I've read, and test rides I've watched. There is a full thread of shift issues going on though. I'm hoping it's a breaking in the bike issue since I'm on a waiting list for one. ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
$99 a month till it's paid off will take forever after they add in interest. It's also a good way to end up ass backwards in a loan (you owe more than the bike is worth)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts