Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to meet people in the Seattle area. Let's have a real roll call.

Rob M. '02 SV with 250 miles on it, put 10,000+ on my last '02 SV.

next?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Jef in Ballard. 20k on CBR600 which was [email protected]#!ng stolen by some bastard on Sunday night!

Ronin--I have 4 weeks to wait to see if police find bike before insurance will write any check. I loved my CBR and would replace it with another in a heartbeat, but the SV's catch my eye, too. I'd be interested in your giving me your pitch for them if you like. They look fun and many people around here ride/race them, but the ONE I rode several years ago, didn't seem that inspiring. Shoot me some mail at [email protected] if you choose.

Anyone else want to meet up at Seattle Motorcycle Show on Sunday, December 15th? Maybe head over to Pyramid Brewery afterward for drinks/dinner? I am already working on getting a group of friends together for just that. I surely wouldn't mind meeting more folks from the area. AGain, email me if you want to join up.

Jef at BikeSport
[email protected]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stolen?

That really sucks. What chance is there of finding the bike? Probably not good huh? Well if you loved the CBR get another one. I haven't ridden a CBR, so I don;t know how to compare an SV with a CBR. I love my SV, it's a fun, light, flickable little bike that has great power for it's size. Only drawback it the suspension.

My buddies and I are going to the bike show, so it would be cool to meet up with you and your friends. We can make plans as the 15th approaches.

Damn this cold weather...

~R

·
Registered
199 Posts
Howdy!

Rob Hill
Tacoma WA

1999 Honda VTR 1000

My club (Washington Sport Riders) will be attending the show on Dec. 15th Look for the guys in black t-shirts with a yellow diamond road sign w/ "wSr" on it (the "s" being curves) For any interested, we also host Two Wheel Tuesday every week at BB McGraws restraunt in Auburn. Anyone is welcome, it is very informal, just a chance to hang out, get discounts on food, and watch speed tv.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ronin-- Sorry I did not check this sooner, like a month ago...

Police never found my CBR, which is fine. State Farm hosed me like all the other good insurance stories here said. I feel they were off by 20% in what they offered. Only good thing is my $20/month insurance payment X the 40-ish months I have had it= only $800 I have paid them to get a $5000 check. Oh well.

Was considering F4i, 954, SV 650, Superhawk, 600R and FZ1 for new bikes. Looked at all during the show with my wife to sit on passenger seat and we chose the 600R--as close as one can find to an F3 in a 2003 model. Have 400 miles on it so far. Lots of cool bikes out there, but I conservatively stuck with a design that I knew worked well for me.

I also say we meet up some tuesday with Fasthawk down in Auburn. I believe I know where the restaurant is--just SE of Emerald Downs. Email me if you want to go.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bummer about the old bike- but Hey! Congrats on the new purchase! You got the location right for BB McGraws, it is on 15th ST a hair south and east of Emerlad downs. Hope to c-ya there. We sit in the SW corner, that is slightly raised. I am a big guy, goatee and glasses w/ a slight blue tint.

·
Registered
517 Posts
not so much a reply as a test...

Just wanted to try to post a picture and see how it showed up. Wont be able to join you tonight. What times do you normally hang out there on Tuesdays? Do they have TV's you can see good? Are folks watching intently or just BS'ing and having fun?

Ok, here SHOULD be a pic of my bike with one mile on it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yeah!

Now check out the reflective stuff on my suit! Is this totally space-man or what?

Hard not to look like a dork when you are so excited about new bike...sorry.

I will stop now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy.

Hey all;
Im Chris. Im in silverdale and do alot of runs out here. Just looking for people with same interests. Mainly sportbikes.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Anyone north of Everett?????????

Just wondering if anyone north of Everett ever looks at this site??
Anyone interested in doing any rides,if so??

Laters;

Jim

·
Registered
517 Posts
flexible

I have some other non-riding friends in Oak Harbor. I have made a couple trips up there to visit. Good ride up Whidbey Island, for those of you who have not taken the trip.

Someday I will look you up, too. Maybe we can meet up for lunch somewhere. I get a bunch of weekdays off, but few whole weekends.

Last time I was on Whidbey, I made this big snaky, s-shaped trip up the island. Highway splits island right down the middle, but I found a bunch of loops that zig-zagged back and forth as I made my way north.

Oh, how about a Sunday meet at Fort Ebey or something like that? Once reliable weather shows up, we can plan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Issaquah Here

Jim - in Issaquah, ride often to Snohomish to see my g/f and Everett to see my dad. Our favorite ride is over to Whidbey and have already been over their twice this year. Let me know if any of you Seattle guys want to get together if you don't mind riding with a Triumph....LOL!!! 4k on my new TT600.....

JRM, what type of suit are you wearing...???

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Have not checked this site for a while.

Jim, how are you doing?

I had major reconstructive surgery to my left foot in December, will be using a handicap parking permit for a while longer. Hope to be back in shape for the summer, though.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Rides...

Lemme know when you want to meet. (I prefer warmer weather now that I am aging,tho',LOL!!!)

Jim

P.S.:

Fuster,take care of the feet!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tukwila

New to this site, but like it.
I have a 2003 VTR1000F with only 575 miles on. Going to get Two Brothers pipes and re-jetted next week. Would like to ride with some of you guys, if this damn weather ever gets better!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Rides...

I,as a rule,rarely ride solo into the Seattle Metro area....too crazy there,traffic-wise,for a single bike to ride...:(:(
I try and get to S.I.R.,or Pacific Raceways,at least once a year.
However,that said,if anyone ventures up here into the backwoods,give me a shout. I know a few of the twisties and/or the scenic routes,glad to be of service...:)

JIM

P.S. Fuster,get well soon....

·
Registered
171 Posts
OAK HARBOR

I just got to Whidbey Island in September, got shipped out. I should be back around May. I'm always looking for someone to ride with. Mostly looking to make some track days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts