Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 96 kitana 600 about 3 weeks ago. I bought it from a friend that had it for 5 months and droped it twice.he said just take it and give him 200.00 down and 150.00 month till I pay
of 1000.00 witch is 6 months.It has minor scratches on the plastic
and I had to buy a choke cable and some bolts for the plastic.
he gave me recepts for work that he did on it like "R&R CARBS
240.00 LABOR,BATTERY,PLUGS,FLOAT CHAMBER GASKET,STARTER CABLE,)ALL THAT WAS ABOUT 450.00.I been riding it to work and love it.only on problem about every 4 lights or so it tries to die,
I can't find the problem with it.what is R&R CARBS?It was 4.00 hrs labor.can anyone tell me where to start to locate the problem?
And does that sond tike a good deal?It has 19,200 miles on it.

zero

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Kats RULE!!!

Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!:)
Darned Yami owners are sure jealous of the Kat!!:D:D
Sounds like a fuel problem to me;perhaps floats(levels) need to be checked or the system needs to be cleaned out.The dropping may have loosened some junk in the fuel system somewhere???
Hard to tell just what the problem is via computer. Did you get the service records from this guy??
Ride safe!!:)

JIM

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Jealous?

Of a fish? I don't THINK so. :rolleyes: :D

JK sweetheart.

To the new guy, welcome and congrats. I'd agree with Katana600... try to get the repair records for the bike. He should have coughed up all of that information when he handed the bike off to you. I hope your troubles diminish soon so you can enjoy your bike without worry. Even though it IS a Katana. ;)

Be safe.

Austa la Pasta!

·
Registered
103 Posts
zero said:
96 kitana 600 every 4 lights or so it tries to die,
I can't find the problem with it.what is R&R CARBS?It was 4.00 hrs labor.can anyone tell me where to start to locate the problem?
And does that sond tike a good deal?It has 19,200 miles on it.

zero
Sounds like a good deal to me. R&R is Remove and Reinstall, which means he had the carbs out and put them back in after he cleaned them up and replaced a gasket or whatever other parts are listed there.

It does sound like a carb problem. If it's been sitting, it may need the carbs cleaned again. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts