Sportbike World banner

Hello.... Should I buy this???

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nipplebandit45 
#1 ·
I have come across a 2001 750 sport that is brand new, but was dropped during dealer prep, so the re-painted it red. It looks like a 750 SS now. If I get it I plan on putting the second front rotor on, so that isn't an issue. Is it going to handle as well as most bikes? The main reason why I want to get it is the discount they are offering on the bike. I plan on going to the dealer in a few minutes but wanted to check with you guys.

Let me know

TIA

Jeremy
750 sport??

#2 ·
They dropped it during dealer prep and so they repainted the whole bike? If that's the case, this sets off my "sounds fishy" radar. Granted I am a charter member of the life-long cycnic club, but just be sure it's as good as advertised.

#3 ·
Yeah I understand.... it set mine off as well.... but I've check everything and it is legit... the reason they re-painted it is due to the flat black finish that the 750 sport has(ie monster dark) and they couldn't replicate that so they had to re-paint the whole thing to red......

Thanks

Jeremy

#4 ·
and the reason they changed the whole color to red rather than just re doing a few pieces with the what is it called Anthracite black was.... What I mean is why go toall the trouble of changing the WHOLE color scheme? now the color wont match withthe VIN number. so if you try to re-sell it you might not get what you could...

Oh hell Im rambling...

Good luck with your decision..

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.