Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They need a message icon that has a happy face holding an umbrella for those of us in the Northwest to use! Actually the riding here is incredible right now. Sunny and the temperature is great with all your gear on. I live on the East side of Washington but if anyone in the Seattle area or Portland (OR), want to ride I visit the west side often and would gladly drop them a line next time I'm over there.

You can probably see that I ride a '97 1100XX. I'm having an Akrapovic 4-2-1 system fitted at NWCycle in Portland this weekend. Over the winter I hope to have both ends messaged by racetech, fit some Marvics or Dymags, and scrap the LBS. Not because the LBS really bothers me but to save weight. I'm not sure if the wallet will support all that (especially the wheels) but my goal is 430lbs dry. Wish me luck!

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome from the East. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Birdman,
Which part of the east are you in? I'm in Spokane.

Mike

PS> Welcome to the forum, lot's of good info,
just don't take it to seriously.

------------------
A man's got to know his limitations

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Tirefryer,
I'm actually down in Walla Walla. Yes for those of you that don't know, it really is a town :). The local Honda dealer here has track days up at Spokane though. We've had two so far this year that I couldn't make it to and we're hoping to get one more in October if the weather will cooperate.

------------------
If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?

G

·
Hey Birdman!

Welcome aboard!!

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hello and Welcome!! I live in Oak Harbor,on Whidbey Island 'bout 2hours north of Seattle...Email me if you are near!! :) :)

JIM

------------------

·
Registered
137 Posts
Giday Birdman,
good to see another XX on the forum.

do tell us how the Akrapovics sound? I've still got the stock system. I would be pretty keen to hear about the mods you have made.

Ross 97 cbrxx

------------------
He who dies with the most toys "wins"

[This message has been edited by Ross (edited September 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Ross, I have some mixed emotions :confused: about the Akra system. I love the 10.5kg claimed weight loss (what is that about 22 or 23 pounds?) And I love the idea of getting rid of that nasty flat spot between 5000 and 6000RPM. However, there are a couple of drawbacks. The first one is losing the center stand :eek:. Did I just say that? This is the first bike I've owned that had a center stand and I always thought they were ugly and unnecessary but boy once you get used to having it it's really handy. The other drawback is the sound. :eek: :eek: I can't believe I said that either. Let me explain. I've always liked the sound of aftermarket pipes. However, the XX's quiet SMOOTH rush of power is at the heart of its character and I really don't want to turn it into a high strung screaming banshee. The Akra sport production system is relatively quiet compared to other "race" systems so I think I will be quite happy. I'll keep you posted.

------------------
If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Birdman,
I met a guy who had fitted an Arrow system to his bird, it sounded sweet. 4-2-2.

I think he retained the stand and the mounts from the orig system, it was welded from near the connection of the stock system.

It also had the pipes on either side of the bike.

And yes the flat spot sucks.

Ross

------------------
He who dies with the most toys "wins"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts