Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone. Just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I started riding last year, on a Ninja 250 but outgrew it in just 600 miles. My current bike is a '01 ZX6R. I also ride my husbands ZRX1100 sometimes. I am married with 2 small kids and wish I had more riding time.

Looking forward to becoming an active member here.

Ride safe,
Tgal

(any secret to having my signature show up?)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome to SBW. :cool:

Your signature is in your profile and you need to make sure that the Show Sig block is checked at the bottom of your post before you submit it. Hopefully that will help. Let us know if you need more info.

BTW, how old are your children, are they boys/girls/one each? :)

Also, some of the perverts on here will want to know how big your husband is and if he can fight very well. :D

Just kidding. Tell him to join if he hasn't already. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my signature html already in my profile and the "show sig" box is already checked. Any other suggestions?
I see some people here have a little pic under thier name, over on the left side of the screen. Is that where my pic will show once I figure it out? Or will it show on the bottom of the post?

My daughter is 4, and I have a son who is 16 months old. My husband? FWIW, I can handle myself...but he is big, and he is a cop!! We both belong to two other forums, not sure if he is interested in joining another.

Thanx for the welcome:)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
HE'S A COP? :eek: Hurry tell him I was joking. :D:D

I guess you have your hands full with a 4 yr old and one approaching 2. That is awesome. My nephews and nieces were so fun during those years. They still are even though they are cruising through the teens and 20s. :cool:

Those are great bikes that you and your husband have. :)

Once again welcome to SBW. :)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Welcome. Good to see another Florida rider registered. There are some, but the pinheads on the west coast still out number us.

RCjohn said:
if he can fight very well. :D

We don't care if he can fight. Only if he likes to wrestle!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for the welcome!

I was referred to this site for its "rider finder" feature. I was hoping on finding some girls to ride with. We have some friends we ride with occationally, but not often. And I only know one woman that rides and she rides a Harley. She is alot older than me and when she rides...it is because she wants to get from point A to point B. Not for the JOY of it. Dont get me wrong....the attention I get for being the only chick that rides with the friends we do ride with is nice...but I always feel like an outsider. Not only because I was the only woman, but because I am the only one on a fully faired bike. They all ride ZRX1100's. I was actually surprised to see as many women here are there are. I was beginning to think sportbikes and women did not belong together. Glad to see it was just temporary insanity!!!!!! :D :D :D

Tgal

·
Registered
741 Posts
Neighbor!

Welcome to SBW! It's a great place! :)
I live in Jupiter! Pretty close! I haven't ridden the Ninja for a few weeks now!!! :( It's been a little chilly and rains on sun and mon on my days off!!! :mad: Well, have fun on that bike!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JL1314...thanx for the welcome!
Sunday & Mondays are my riding days too. This past weekend sucked huh? I even had a babysitter arranged Sunday for 7 hours! That does not happen very often, usually just 2 or 3 hrs at a time. But, I did manage to get wind in my face! Hubby and I took the convertable and even left the top down during some of the lighter showers! Did you know if you go fast enough, you dont get wet??? LOL But...we did need the rain (looking for the positive!). The last long ride I had planned where I had a babysitter (overnight) got rained out too. Was planning on riding to gainesville for the drag races, damned weather! Did manage to ride from Palm Bay (we trailered the bikes to drop the kids off at aunts house) up thru some great back roads to Orlando. Had lunch, then traveled back. Great Ride!!!! Where do you do your riding at?

Ride safe.....and SCHWEEEET RIDE!!! ;)
Tgal

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well, it's good to hear you got SOME riding in!! ;)
I usually ride up the beach roads... easy riding up the coast, and sometimes to Orlando as well! My Mom lives in Key West so sometimes I ride there too, which is a pretty nice ride! If it wasn't so freakin chilly at night, I'd ride to work!! What kind of bike does your hubby have? I also have a Mustang that I drag race at Moroso (but not in a while!! :( ) Check out my site for more pics! Anyways, nice to meet ya, and I hope that we get some good weather this Sun and Mon!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hubby rides a 2000 ZRX1100, and we also have a Yamaha RoadStar. Our "usual" ride is to moroso on Sundays. We head up B-line to the Mobil station, hang out for awhile...then to Moroso and after that to lunch sometimes. Moroso is approx 20 miles from my house. You ever go to that mobil station? Full of sportbikes on Sunday mornings. It is fun to watch them all leave in a huge pack of wheelies on their way out! I am determined to learn myself!!! SOON :cool:!!!!

Tgal

·
Registered
741 Posts
hehehe

I did a donut in that mobil parking lot with the mustang one night after Moroso! hehehe What goes on on Sundays at Moroso? I thought test and tune was wed. and fri.? When are all the bikers at the mobil? I'm gonna have to go, I see!!!
Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We have gone to that Mobile Station as early as 9:30 and as late as 11:30 and there are usually at least 20 m/c there....both sport and cruiser, but very few cruisers. Most people go, get a soda (no beer sales 'til noon Sundays!! LOL), check out all the bikes, talk mods and take off.
We have gone to a couple of car drags at Moroso on Sunday...but usually we just go and turn around. I dont know about you (probably not if u are taking a car to drag) but when I go to moroso I like to have a beer or 2, so we prefer to take the car over the bikes. It is just a good destination on the bikes because b-line hwy is traffic free Sunday morning and I can open the bike up and see just what kind of gonads she has. Must watch for the cops lately though...they have caught on that that particular road is a great place to speed! :( Oh well, there is still US27!!!
How far are you from Moroso? We live west west west on Northlake Blvd. Know where that is?
And if you dont mind me asking....how old are you? Married, job, school? (I know, I am nosey!!just curious)

Tgal
(can I assume you now have more than 4100 miles?)
just read your profile...I am 8 mos older than you.

·
Registered
741 Posts
:)
No I'm not married (no wayyy!!!) I have No kids! ( :) ) I'm 29 yrs old and a bar manager for a restaurant by the corner of 45th St. and Military Tr.
I live in Jupiter, right in the vicinity where Military Tr. ends on Indiantown rd. Jupiter is awesome, I've lived here on and off since 1981. This is probably where I'll live till the day I die!
OK your turn... info?? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I know the area where you work well. Bought my bike on military near okeechobee (powersports). Went today to an RV show on 45th street just west of I-95. (Bought a motorhome BTW!! WOOHOO Can trailer the bikes when we camp now!! ) Cant think of what restaurant is on 45th and Military though...hmmm? The only one that comes to mind is RACHELS, but that is on 45th close to I-95.

Me? Well, I just turned 30 (UGH) I am married with 2 kids (age 4 & 1). I am a stay-at-home mom and my hubby is a police sergeant for Miami Dade county. Yes, he drives all that way:( I learned how to ride a m/c when I was 18, but never owned my own 'til last year. First got a ninja 250 and outgrew it when there was just 600 miles on the odometer. Should have listened to hubby when he said the 250 was too small, but NOOOOO!!! Had to be stubborn!! Thats OK though, I would have never felt comfortable on the bike I have to begin with, I was insecure with my abilities at the time. I wish I had more riding time, but with the kids it is hard. All of my family lives in Broward so I dont have them to help with babysitting. I have caught my daughter (the 4 yr.old) praying for her legs to grow overnight. When I ask her why??? She says "so I can get a ride on your kewl motorcycle and learn to ride it myself"!! How cute is that? Future hooligan?? YIKES!!

As usual, I have rambled long enough....

Tgal

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Tgal said:
I have my signature html already in my profile and the "show sig" box is already checked. Any other suggestions?
You cannot have HTML in your signature. (It will not show up) but you can use plain text.

P.S. Sorry for the late message, but welcome to Sportbike world!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts