Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , all Buell riders , you have a great forum here. I would also like to invite you to a new forum for all bikers. it's called "Biker Forums" it hasn't been on-line long but is really growing fast. It has a forum just for Buell owners ,and you can help us to get it going. I ride a first cousin to your Buell's , a Harley FatBoy...(you were wondering why I call myself "FatBoyRider" right ??) Anyway come be a part of another forum for Buell's. Check it out at the link below..
Ride SAFE
http://www.bikerforums.org/index.php?s=
FatBoyRider :cool:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A fat boy is a first cousin to a buell?

I don't know (care) about harleys, but wouldn't a 883 sportster be the true first cousin to a buell?

A fat boy would be the distant, twice removed, expensive, slower, leaking, breaking down often, overweight, muffler and floorboard scraping in the turns... uncle.

I just couldn't resist. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for defending Buell for me?

But as every one knows Buell's don't need to be defended any more, as they are the best American made sportbike. I think the only true relitive in the HD family is the great grand daddy the "78"/"79" XLCR1000.:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey come on Desmo079, don't be so hard on the guy...:)

Any analogy regarding family usually implies having kindred qualities and characteristics..

My 2000 M2 Cyclone had the leaky, unreliable, and overpriced genes that you referred to in the fat boy. You were pretty generous in comparing it to an 883 Sporty. I would probably associate a Buell more with something like the 1978 Simplicity lawn tractor I have---> Lots of Low end Torque & Leaks Oil.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well, one thing about the 883 is that it is undefeated in the Sportster class races:D

I must admit. If I was forced to buy a harley, I would choose the fatboy. But it would have to be at gunpoint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I SURRENDER !!!!!

WOW , you guy's are really hard on an old Harley rider...LOL
But seriously , I just wanted to offer you guy's another forum if your interested. And I would love to let all of you ride my FatBoy sometime , I think you might be surprised what a good running (not fast for sure) , and smooth ride it is. I'ts no a Buell , but I think you would like it.
Anyway , take care , stay cool...
and Ride SAFE

FatBoyRider :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
desmo079 said:

>I don't know (care) about harleys,

Most likely because you can't afford one.:)

>but wouldn't a 883 sportster be the true first cousin to a buell?

Nope

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rumor has it insurance rates for your ride have at least tripled.:) LOL!, Enjoy your bike now while you can afford to ride it.:)

Mike

gsx-in the city said:
Hey come on Desmo079, don't be so hard on the guy...:)

Any analogy regarding family usually implies having kindred qualities and characteristics..

My 2000 M2 Cyclone had the leaky, unreliable, and overpriced genes that you referred to in the fat boy. You were pretty generous in comparing it to an 883 Sporty. I would probably associate a Buell more with something like the 1978 Simplicity lawn tractor I have---> Lots of Low end Torque & Leaks Oil.:rolleyes:
:)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
mfell2112 said:
desmo079 said:

>I don't know (care) about harleys,

Most likely because you can't afford one.:)

>but wouldn't a 883 sportster be the true first cousin to a buell?

Nope
I was hoping this wasn't over.

Fat BoyRider seems like such a nice guy, who remained pleasant and secure in his harleydom, despite our comments about his brand.

Your response, however is so typical of modern harley riders. You have no clue what motorcycling is about.

It speaks volumes about your lack of understanding of motorcycling when you commented "most likely because you can't afford one." You seem to think that everyone on the planet wants one, and those that don't have one just can't afford one. What a pompus-ass attitude. Now I know why you jerk-offs don't wave back.

Understand two things

#1 there are millions of motorcyclists who don't want a harley.

#2 Most of them could afford a harley.

I haven't looked at your profile, but I bet you are a Yuppie. In your garage is a boat, tennis raquets, jet-skis, a mountain-bike and golf clubs. You have never ridden a motorcycle until you bought your harley. You bought your harley because it was the cool thing to do because everyone at the tennis/golf club got one. You wear a muscle tee when you ride and one of those little "protest helmets" and leather chaps. You have leather tassles hanging off the end of your handlebars. You truck you bike to Sturgis and Laughlin and unload it about 5 miles out of town.

Once you get scared by a near crash, you will sell your bike and get into some other fashionable trend.

You don't ride your harley, you WEAR it. It is something to attract attention to you as a "Bad Dude".

You probably don't know what a pushrod is.

I have been riding motorcycles for 35 years. If I wanted a harley, I would have owned one by now.

You are a disgrace to guys like FatBoyRider and Tahoe.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In response to this:

Rumor has it insurance rates for your ride have at least tripled.:) LOL!, Enjoy your bike now while you can afford to ride it.:)

Actually at $246 a year for full coverage w/o a layover it is pretty affordable. It's the R1's and gsxr-1000's that will really get hit because a fair portion of people ride over their heads.

My guess is that you heard that from a Buell dealer. They're known for their ludicrous bullshitting skills. And, even if my insurance would triple, I'd make up for it in lower maintenance costs as opposed to the bleeding, randomly killing , M2 that I sold after 200 mechanically faulty miles.

You may want to bring facts rather than rumors when responding to comments or threads based on somebody's prior experience of owning a bike which involve facts.

All the same, ride safe...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sorry for all the Fuss !!!

Hey guy's ,
Please understand , from the very beginning , my intent was only to invite you to a new Buell forum....At the "Bikerforums" website I am a moderator for the Buell forum simply because we didn't have any Buell riders on board yet. I was just trying to get some interest in our forums , and get the Buell forum going. I will paste the opening thread that I wrote in the forum maybe that will help you to understand I'm not a "bad guy". I have rode all sorts of bikes through the years , I am not a hardcore Harley rider. The FatBoy I own is my first Harley , and next bike may be something else , you will see in the thread how I feel about Buell's....also sorry if I offended anyone by referring to my FatBoy as a "first cousin" to a Buell...I won't make that mistake again....LOL. But the cool thing about "bikerforums" is all bikers are welcome no matter what brand , or model you ride. And if I continue to ride a Harley I promise I will never have that "better than you attitude" like some Harley riders have.....I hate is that some people can be that narrow minded...but that's not who I am, I'm just a guy that enjoys motorcycles period....all kinds.
Ride SAFE

FatBoy Rider :cool: Below is the thread from "BikerForums"

Welcome Buell Riders !!!
Welcome all Buell owners , This forum is intended for you , to share your knowledge , views , questions , or answers about your beloved Buell. I'm FatBoyRider , I will serve as one of the Moderators for this forum , and you guessed it , I ride a Harley FatBoy (first cousin to your Buell). Everytime I'm at a H-D / Buell dealer I sit on the Buells and ooh & ahh over them. I already have plans for a second bike someday and a Buell is at the top of my list. So , I hope to learn more about them through this forum & I'm looking forward to all you Buell owners to share all you know about them.

Please join in and help this forum grow , thanks.

Ride SAFE

FatBoyRider

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
See, I told you he was a cool dude.

I was specifically NOT refering to you, FatBoyRider.

Good Luck with your Buell forum.

If your'e ever in Ca. come by and we'll do a track day on my R6:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
desmo079 said:

Fat BoyRider seems like such a nice guy, who remained pleasant and secure in his harleydom, despite our comments about his brand.

Oh you can dish it out but, you can't take it?:)

Your response, however is so typical of modern harley riders.

Your comments about Harley Davidsons are so typical so I gave you a typical response. I don't ride Harleys but, I do like them. So they do not corner like a Buell it does not mean they have nothing to offer as a motorcycle.

You have no clue what motorcycling is about.

LOL! Tell me what is motorcycling all about? :) Is it about riding that torture rack of yours (Yamihaha) on a 400 mile trip while stopping every 30 miles?:) Oh wait you don't go on 400 mile trips.:)

It speaks volumes about your lack of understanding of motorcycling when you commented "most likely because you can't afford one." You seem to think that everyone on the planet wants one, and those that don't have one just can't afford one. What a pompus-ass attitude.

The fact is HD does sell alot of bikes. Lots of people like them and buy them. Check the sales numbers if you don't believe me.:)

>Now I know why you jerk-offs don't wave back.

This I agree with.:)

Understand two things

There are millions of motocyclists that want Harleys and millions more that are proud owners. Harley can't make enough of those new V-rods and that Buell Firebolt is a work of art.

Then why are they not riding one?:)

I haven't looked at your profile, but I bet you are a Yuppie. In your garage is a boat, tennis raquets, jet-skis, a mountain-bike and golf clubs. You have never ridden a motorcycle until you bought your harley.

Wrong. I started riding MX bikes back in the 70s. Asphalt is for whimps.:)

You bought your harley because it was the cool thing to do because everyone at the tennis/golf club got one.

I don't own a Harley but, my Dad does. He bought his first one in 1952.

You wear a muscle tee when you ride and one of those little "protest helmets" and leather chaps.

Nope, but I do wear leather chaps though. A gift from my Dad.

You have leather tassles hanging off the end of your handlebars. You truck you bike to Sturgis and Laughlin and unload it about 5 miles out of town.

Wrong and i do not worship the chrome God.:-")

Once you get scared by a near crash, you will sell your bike and get into some other fashionable trend.

You don't ride your harley, you WEAR it. It is something to attract attention to you as a "Bad Dude".

Wrong again. I have one bike. It is a pretty plain bike zero chrome and it will stay that way. A mostly stock Buell Cyclone in black. Actually I am a very nice guy.;-)

I have been riding motorcycles for 35 years. If I wanted a harley, I would have owned one by now.

Really? 35 years I am very impressed. Harley makes a great motorcycle as do other bike makers. I just happen to favor the Harley Buell line because they are American just like me. :)

LOL, Take it easy there Desmo. :) No I just am giving you a taste of your own medicine. There is really no reason why you should be in a Buell forum other then to ridicule Buell or HD owners. I hope I am wrong but, that is what I am getting about you.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
mfell2112 said:
desmo079 said:

Oh you can dish it out but, you can't take it?:)

Your response, however is so typical of modern harley riders.

Your comments about Harley Davidsons are so typical so I gave you a typical response. I don't ride Harleys but, I do like them. So they do not corner like a Buell it does not mean they have nothing to offer as a motorcycle.

You have no clue what motorcycling is about.

LOL! Tell me what is motorcycling all about? :) Is it about riding that torture rack of yours (Yamihaha) on a 400 mile trip while stopping every 30 miles?:) Oh wait you don't go on 400 mile trips.:)

It speaks volumes about your lack of understanding of motorcycling when you commented "most likely because you can't afford one." You seem to think that everyone on the planet wants one, and those that don't have one just can't afford one. What a pompus-ass attitude.

The fact is HD does sell alot of bikes. Lots of people like them and buy them. Check the sales numbers if you don't believe me.:)

>Now I know why you jerk-offs don't wave back.

This I agree with.:)

Understand two things

There are millions of motocyclists that want Harleys and millions more that are proud owners. Harley can't make enough of those new V-rods and that Buell Firebolt is a work of art.

Then why are they not riding one?:)

I haven't looked at your profile, but I bet you are a Yuppie. In your garage is a boat, tennis raquets, jet-skis, a mountain-bike and golf clubs. You have never ridden a motorcycle until you bought your harley.

Wrong. I started riding MX bikes back in the 70s. Asphalt is for whimps.:)

You bought your harley because it was the cool thing to do because everyone at the tennis/golf club got one.

I don't own a Harley but, my Dad does. He bought his first one in 1952.

You wear a muscle tee when you ride and one of those little "protest helmets" and leather chaps.

Nope, but I do wear leather chaps though. A gift from my Dad.

You have leather tassles hanging off the end of your handlebars. You truck you bike to Sturgis and Laughlin and unload it about 5 miles out of town.

Wrong and i do not worship the chrome God.:-")

Wrong again. I have one bike. It is a pretty plain bike zero chrome and it will stay that way. A mostly stock Buell Cyclone in black. Actually I am a very nice guy.;-)

Really? 35 years I am very impressed. Harley makes a great motorcycle as do other bike makers. I just happen to favor the Harley Buell line because they are American just like me. :)

LOL, Take it easy there Desmo. :) No I just am giving you a taste of your own medicine. There is really no reason why you should be in a Buell forum other then to ridicule Buell or HD owners. I hope I am wrong but, that is what I am getting about you.

Regards

Mike
This is so easy. Some of the best buell bashers are buell owners. Case in point is gsx in the city. He owned a bike just like yours. It was junk.

Last I looked Robert has not established any rules excluding people from the Buell forum. You guys need some kind of protection from the rest of the manufacturers? Like the harley tax of the 70s?

You still don't get it, do you? One more time. There are lots of people who can afford a harley, but don't want one. Trust me on this.

Sure lots of people buy harleys. It's called marketing. Look at a harley ad. any harley ad. They all talk about tradition, and being cool and I just saw one that said every harley is a museum. Boy is that right. The same basic design goes back about 50 years. People buy harleys for style and image. Not high performance, efficiency or dependability. There is nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't make them good motorcycles.

The XB98 is a work of art, yes. But it is Italian art. The frame and swingarm are made in Italy. Bet you won't find that in the brochure.

No, I would never ride my R6 for more than 20 minutes. That is why I race it only.

That is what my stock 1988 BMW RT is for. As it sits TODAY I am sure it has as much hp if not more hp than most harleys built today and is more nimble, dependable and comfortable. I KNOW it weighs less.

My comments about harleys ARE typical. Why do you think that is?

BTW every person riding a motorcycle today owes your father and his generation a debt. I am going assume that he was one of motorcyclists who just enjoyed riding and was a law-abiding citizen. He probably took a lot of crap back then when there was a TRULY bad image of motorcyclist.

The FireBolt, nonetheless, certainly appears to be a vast improvement over it's predecessors. Time will tell. I like to see an American company succeeding.

I like to see harley selling lots of motorcycles (especially to foreign countries to help the trade deficit) Just don't try to sell me on the concept that because they sell millions means they are (mechanically) a superior product.

They aren't. I think you know that.

You own a buell? What's the matter? Couldn't afford a DUCATI???

How's that for a taste of YOUR own medicine?:twofinger

·
Registered
636 Posts
I knew this was going to turn into a pissing match. LOL. :D Few things. 1. my R6 is NOT uncomfortable I could ride it as long as i pleased. We routinely do 200 mile trips on Saturdays in the summer, I ride with two other guys with R6's who have never once even uttered anything about being uncomfortable. Now the local Harley poker runs routinely only run about 50-75 miles. THIS was even too much for the local Harley crowd I've never heard so much bitching and complaining about how much LONGER the runs were this year. lol. As for the Vrod, it is an amazing machine, it's also shunned by about 75% of the Harley community. And insurance........21, full coverage, $324 for the year no layover. I don't see a problem with that. :D I'm with Desmo, I'm sick of the tough guy 1%er attitude that comes along with purchasing a Harley. Fatboyrider, Tahoe, I don't mean you guys, and I know there's alot of other decent guys out there on Harleys but I haven't run into them yet. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
1st of all, I hope EVERYBODY WHATEVER THEY'RE RIDING: Hondas, Buells, Kawis, Suzukis, Ducatis, Aprilias, Harleys, Yamahas, etc, etc, etc, will get out of this thread and just RIDE!!

:D

I have a buddy who has a Hayabusa. In the last 2 summers we've waived to Harley riders at intersections or passing beside them on the freeway.
In a few instances we we're given thumbs down & stuck out tongues...we've had people go "Pfffff!" and turn their heads away...and have had people throw their hands down at us. And you wonder why people rip Harley riders??? That doesn't change the fact that 2 of my best friends have Harleys. And you know what .....I ride with one of them all the time. And HE IS A HARLEY RIDER WHO YES EVERYBODY I KNOW ONE!!!---> waives to ALL other riders. Even the infidels who have sinned against the holy gospel of William Harley and Arthur Davidson by buying an import like a Honda or Yamaha!

Buell riders, I've never had a problem with, I still ride with a guy who has an X1. And I would gladly ride with anyone on ANY make.

Buells will have a market for a long time if they continue to improve and upgrade. WHICH THEY ARE!

As far as negative comments on Buells or ANY make...some remarks riders from other forums make to correct exagerations or inaccurate info on performance or quality may be interpreted as brand bashing.

And I don't think anybody will criticize anyone for wanting to buy American....:)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hi gsx-in the city and Doogie.

I agree 100% with everything you both said. Especially the part about we all should be out riding! But I am stuck at work today.

Doogie, I am glad you can ride you R6 so far. At my age, my wrists hurt for about ten days after my 3 200mi days for break-in.

As for the V-rod, I agree. The hard core hd people will probably reject it, but the Yuppie crowd probably won't notice the difference, as long as there is lots of chrome and after market exhaust. Hd is sure to start using that motor in the full line of hd bikes soon. I think emissions will mandate that.

BTW the V-rod motor was designed by Porsche and you are right, it is a jewel. Who would have thought that at a power cruiser shoot-out the hd ws the only one there with 4 valves and DOHC??

I have always said that if buell or hd make a 135rwhp 380lb racer-replica that handles like a Ducati 998 or mille R, I'd want one.

Later.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts