Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this group Critical Bill perform at a show last month. They were the opening act. Opening for Tech 9. They were really good but I don't really know much about them. They have that mash up sound of rock/hip hop. I really like that sound. I went to their myspace page (I recommend checking it out), (www.myspace.com/criticalbillmusic). They have an album coming out on Sept. 18th. It's called "Downtown The World". I think they're going to be huge one day. But that's all I know. Anybody know more about them? Like them? Yes? No?

Big D
fontana

·
Registered
860 Posts
I would say Strange Music missed the bus. (Strange Music is TECH N9NE's record label) The rap/rock sound is pretty much dead. Had they came out maybe 7 years ago I could see them making a decent name for themselves. Their music isn't bad, it's just dated. I know that sounds snobby, but the industry beat that sound to death. If they're going to venture down the rock/rap path, then they are going to really have to put out amazing work. What I've heard from them was ok, but it wasn't anything that was really impressive.

I was given a copy of Tech's new album "Everready" and I was pretty disappointed with it. It lacked the good hooks of prior albums. I saw him live about 4 years ago and he put on a great show. He's also a very approachable person, who is really cool to all his fans. Every band has a not so great album, but anymore, it's hard to regroup from. I do wish them all the best, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts