Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Good chance the Russian judge was correct on points, only I would also want to know the condition of the rider, what he wore for protection, how it stood up plus the condition of the bike. Like I am rather fussy when I hand out points.

He did go into a bit of head shaking & loss of control close to what happend in a tank-slapper only chances are the bike was with a steering head stabalizer, reason I would give less points, & besides the more modern bikes are not like the mean old bikes I rode in the days of ridgid rear ends with f/fork travel of only 2.5" & even if some suspension at the rear it would be like 1 or 2" --bikes only the REAL MEN (endangered??) rode!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
holy cow... wonder how fast he was going?

it almost looked like he had pulled it out of the tank slapper but when he slammed on the breaked lost it going on the grass :eek:

E.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DreamRyder said:
...wonder how fast he was going?...
That way that bike performed its circus tumbling routine, I'd say he wasn't going too slow. Also, it looks like a fairly major road, so the speed limit was probably in the 60-70mph range.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
cookeetree said:
That way that bike performed its circus tumbling routine, I'd say he wasn't going too slow. Also, it looks like a fairly major road, so the speed limit was probably in the 60-70mph range.
that was my thoughts as well :(

E.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
hmmm. Ouch.
I'm guessing 60-80mph on the speed.
Jbaz: you dont even have do a full on wheelie, just get on the gas hard enough to unload it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
DreamRyder said:
holy cow... wonder how fast he was going?

it almost looked like he had pulled it out of the tank slapper but when he slammed on the breaked lost it going on the grass :eek:

E.
So if I put a little fur on my old avatar and maybe photoshop the panties red for the Christmas spirit, no one will object to it? :twofinger

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
that looked rather uncomfortable.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
So if I put a little fur on my old avatar and maybe photoshop the panties red for the Christmas spirit, no one will object to it? :twofinger
as long as the crotch is covered.. You can... but uhm.. didn't you tell me you no longer had the pic :twofinger

E.
per site admin cleavage is ok but an exposed crotch is not :2cents: (for use as an avatar)

·
Registered
96 Posts
JBaz said:
I heard from a friend that if your font end starts shaking, best way to counter it would be to pop a wheelie and land it correctly. that true?
thats *not* true, your friend either has no experience at all, or never experienced anything similar to a front-end shake.

when your going above 50+ and you land a bad wheelie it shakes so fast you have barely any control, and NO control to pop another wheelie, this would definetely make the rider crash. i landed a wheelie once on a bumpy road and got a BAD shake at about 65 mph. all i did was hold onto the handlebars and sit straight up, it rode itself out and all was well. take my word for it, just hold on and stay straight. you can hear the front tire "barking" too. its a scary thing to go through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts