Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took yesterday off for one last long ride before winter sets in. I hit a couple of bike shops then headed to a local shop for the last oil change - you know be good guy and support the little local guy. He's rolling my bike into a service bay (mind you I've had it all of 2 months and the body was flawless) but I didn't realize he was on the wrong side of the bike. He leans it away from him, the kickstand retracts, and there she goes, flat on her side. "Sorry man." I was speechless. All of the right side body work has to be replaced along with other misc. parts. :mad:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You betcha. He started the "I'll get these fixed..." and I put an end to that. Told him they had to be replaced with new parts or he could deal with my insurance company. He generally is a pretty good guy so he didn't object - plus I'm sure he felt pretty crummy about it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
At least there is one POSSIBLE bright side
to this.....You wont miss out on any
good riding weather as you were getting
it ready for hibernation anyway.:) :p :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that's really the thing. I mean I'm pissed, but I was going to head right home and do the winterizing thing. So, I haven't lost any riding time. The fact that this happened on the same day that my furnace blew up and the "check engine" light came on in my new Pathfinder made it a banner day!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bonk! said:
I took yesterday off for one last long ride before winter sets in. I hit a couple of bike shops then headed to a local shop for the last oil change - you know be good guy and support the little local guy. :mad:
I have this wacky concept...I support the most local guy I know...ME! I figure, if I can do my own service and save a bundle...then I'm paying myself! I have a good mechanic that gets to wrench on my bike for things I'm not capable of doing, but he doesn't get to touch it for things I can do myself.

If I want to donate to a charity, supporting the local guy...I'll give to Make-A-Wish Foundation or something like that...not Bob's Cycle Service...

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bonk! said:
Well, that's really the thing. I mean I'm pissed, but I was going to head right home and do the winterizing thing. So, I haven't lost any riding time. The fact that this happened on the same day that my furnace blew up and the "check engine" light came on in my new Pathfinder made it a banner day!
Your Pathfinder has a furnace? Is that the SE model?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KLRAdam said:

Your Pathfinder has a furnace? Is that the SE model?
No the SE comes with a wood burning stove. This is the LE edition. I understand the 2003 model will come with an optional nuclear reactor.

P

·
0 Posts
Bonk, that sucks man. A word of advice - go over your bike with a fine-tooth comb, to make sure he replaces every last bit of the bunged up parts. Make sure the swingarm wasn't scratched, too.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I got my bike back finally. All of the body work is new except for the tail piece, which he buffed with Mother's polishing compound. Those scratches were really light, and I went over them very closely and they are undetectable, so I let it slide. The clearcoat is intact so I'm not too concerned about this. Back in the saddle again. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts