Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting one but have a couple questions.
ive seen some with a rear seat is this a stock option or something u have to get extra?
how is the hadling on one?
whats the usual time of riding before it gets unbearable?
i have a 1992 fzr ui got knew in 1992 and i know they are one of the worst when it comes to comfort
just looking at them now. and before anyone start about newby stuff i've been riding motorcycles since 1991. want to get a litter bike but not to sure if its going to be a sportbike or cruiser yet. thanks for any imput u can give me.

·
Registered
753 Posts
bs7206 said:
ive seen some with a rear seat is this a stock option or something u have to get extra?
i have a 1992 fzr ui got knew in 1992 and i know they are one of the worst when it comes to comfort
just looking at them now. and before anyone start about newby stuff i've been riding motorcycles since 1991. want to get a litter bike but not to sure if its going to be a sportbike or cruiser yet. thanks for any imput u can give me.
Whats up FL, I just left Crestview. Handling is about the same on my old zx-11. Not really made for super twisties, but you can definetly lean it pretty good. The bike has evil pwr, I rode one with a jet kit dual, slip-ons and for some reason the guy dropped a tooth in th front, and added 2 in the rear, it was also lowered, the fairing might have been 2 inches off the ground. pwr wheelies through 4 gear. Pretty comfortable riding, not as good as my zx-9 but close. Another guy there has a turbo busa, didn't even want to touch that one. Food for thought, Forte cycle has an unrestricted 2000 zx-12 that are faster. He wants like 10500 for it out the door I believe,you should ck it out. And it's very comfortable. 862-6815

·
Registered
753 Posts
Also if you are going to finance, most if not all banks require you to come up with 10% down on your loan. He has a way to bypass that, just ask. Also kawi's when you fianance through them don't require you to have insurance. Thats a big plus or minus depending all on you.
Hope I helped some
I miss Florida if you can't tell
Shannon

·
Registered
120 Posts
The rear seat and grab rail are stock and the first thing I removed from the bike. The lines are better with the solo seat cover. The bike handles real well for the size and weight but it dose not like tight corners. A 1/4 mile is its favorite place unless you live in Utah and have access to the flats. As far as long distance riding this is a great bike. I have not yet had a problem with it with eight hours rides with a average of 45 miles per gallon at a cruising speed of around 80mph.

·
Registered
162 Posts
bs7206 said:
Is there a reason in particular your after such a huge jump from you'r current bike ?? Have you ridden a Busa ?? there not for the faint hearted:eek:

B

·
0 Posts
so blade is there a written rules that i have to go to a 750cc next then to 900cc bike before i can get a hayabusa or any liter bike.
the reason im thinking about getting a busa is that is one of the few bikes i like. no matter what i getting a litter bike either cruiser or sportbike. i ve been ridding for 10 years now so its not going to be my first bike. so what was ur first bike?

B

·
0 Posts
sweet bike suzmcman. did u notice any difference from dual exhaust and single exhaust. power wise

B

·
0 Posts
so ur back seat come stock. i just been curious since i seen with and without at the dealers. it does look better without thhe rear seat, but the rear seat does come in handy when a young lady wants to ride. :D i can say that, im single. with the 2002 coming out and since the dealer dont have any 2001 i got to choose a color. i like them both. but unfortutaly can only aford 1. :eek: this for blade dont take what i said to series. it just gets to me people ask that. nothing bothers me except fidgits on the road, trust me i know from driving tractor trailers to dump trucks and heavy construction equipment. :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
With just about any exhaust you would choose should give you a slight gain in Hp. The reason I chose this one is several people I know have also put this exhaust on thier Busa's and it looks well made and it sounds about like a Yosh which I used to run on the rest of my Suzuki's. Also a couple of guys that I know that own shops and have dynos say the M4 is about the best bang for the buck with the runs they have had on the dyno with other Busa's. If you go with a exhaust also put on a computer like a Power Commander so you can set up your bike to run with your pipe. I have not had the chance to do a bunch of tuning on my bike but with the Mods I do have I'am putting over 162Hp down. Since this is just not enough I'am now looking at having a turbo on by the summer since the riding time here in Ohio is about done till then. And as far as the Hp for my bike I set up the dyno so that is true Hp and not the BS that some shops pull just to give you a good number.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The super twisty roads are the only downfall for a busa. It has great, stable handling, scary power, comfortable long distance riding, easy to work on and maintain, and did I say it has a lot of power? well it does. And if you really think about it, when in the twisties, it all comes down to rider ability anyway. My friend on his R1 is the only person who has beaten me in the twisties, anywhere else, everyone is toast. The bike also has curb appeal and gets poser points.

B

·
0 Posts
thats cool because right now im in nw florida and theres not really to many twisties ive seen. i own my fizer and going to keep it for such purposes. and use the bike i get for other purposes. plus i never really been into the poser scene and dont get me wrong if some young lady wants a ride im not going to turn them down.

B

·
0 Posts
didnt say there wasnt any just said i havent notice any yet. i will as soon as i get these carbs for my bike.
oh yea i know people say the busa not the best bike for the twisties and it is alot that deals with rider skills, but after seeing that video on the net called fast bikes i think. there is a guy on there that is doing some crazy things in my eyes with the busa.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts