Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a couple actually. A friend wants to move down there for a year or two but I'm a bit reluctant to give into the temptation and go to. What's the riding like down there?? That's my main concern. It just doesn't seem like you guys would have alot of good places to ride being so small. Let me in on the Hawaii sportbike scene. ;) Will I hate it there, or love it? One other thing, what's the cost of living like down there? Common sense tells me being the tourist trap it is it would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doogie said:
Well a couple actually. A friend wants to move down there for a year or two but I'm a bit reluctant to give into the temptation and go to. What's the riding like down there?? That's my main concern. It just doesn't seem like you guys would have alot of good places to ride being so small. Let me in on the Hawaii sportbike scene. ;) Will I hate it there, or love it? One other thing, what's the cost of living like down there? Common sense tells me being the tourist trap it is it would be ridiculous.
Living in Hawaii is okay. Very exspensive and small. Riding on Oahu sucks, but the Big Island of Hawaii has many awesome roads.

In regard to your questions, you won't be happy.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, that sucks. :( I expect things to be more expensive there, I'm just worried about it being out of hand. I checked into alot of stuff and got prices of most everything, I live in Pittsburgh now which is suprisingly almost as pricey as down there. The only thing I couldn't get a handle on was the price of food.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doogie said:
Damn, that sucks. :( I expect things to be more expensive there, I'm just worried about it being out of hand. I checked into alot of stuff and got prices of most everything, I live in Pittsburgh now which is suprisingly almost as pricey as down there. The only thing I couldn't get a handle on was the price of food.
Yeah; $5 for a gallon of milk, $2 for a loaf of bread, and the list goes on..............Sales tax is only 4.167%, and the home prices are very high for what you get...............db

1 - 4 of 4 Posts