Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm just wondering I haven't really ever ridden a 2 wheeler but have ridden quads.......

I'm just wondering if the best way to learn is to buy a used 250cc dirt bike and get use to that before I buy a streetbike?

Please help.............. :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The general consensus of these forums is to take the MSF course if you've never ridden a bike, or if your bike experience is limited. Another point members of this forum place emphasis on is starting on lower CC engines, usually used, such as the Ninja 250R or 500R for a couple of examples.

To sum things up, start out by taking the MSF course and start out on a light bike with fewer HP.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Only ridden quads.... Take the MSF course.
Only ridden dirt bikes.... Take the MSF course.
Only driven cars.... Take the MSF course.

Hope this helps. :2cents:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
MSF is definetly a good way to start. They provide the bike, teach you things that would normally take 6 months to figure out, and you get your liscence.

Dirt bike expirience only transfers so far. Turning a street bike and turning a dirt bike is quiet different

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I looked up the MSF course in Southern California and California period and there's none.......Only the college class that aslo teaches you the baics and let's you practice on a 250 bike. Most likely I'll take that. If anyone knows of any other classes in So Cal please let me know THANKS!:D

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
There is always california superbike school. From what I hear they actually start suprisingly basic, explaining counter steer with their no bs bike, then going into slides with a bike that has slide bars on it...

:D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
BlackHawk said:
Guys I looked up the MSF course in Southern California and California period and there's none.......Only the college class that aslo teaches you the baics and let's you practice on a 250 bike. Most likely I'll take that. If anyone knows of any other classes in So Cal please let me know THANKS!:D

All MSF classes start you on 250's. Low power = less scared.

Did you call (877) 743-3411 That is the number for the Ca MSF course. :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS!!!

I'm on it...:thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll start my class in November!:eyebrows: