Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought that this would be a fun post for everyone. It is good to add a little humor into the mix every once in a while. Tell about the last car, truck or other you spanked. The ones I really like is when you pull up to a red light, (In california you can split lanes), splitting the lanes and there is some dipshit there that has one of those "I want to be like the guys in the Fast and Ferious" cars. You get there and he starts reving his engine and burns the tire when the light hits. It is so funny.
Short storry: I was coming home from work last night (11:00 PM) and this guy in a decked out black Ford F150 pulls up next to me. The light turns and I hit the throttle and go at a normal riding pace, shift at about 6,000 rpm's. At the next light the guy again pulls up to the light and this time he is reving his engine and when the light hits he burns his tires, I just looked over at him and then hit the throttle and smoked his ass like last years thanksgiving turkey.
I am not a squid by any means, but I do find it really funny to see some idiot in a car, truck or whatever that thinks he is really going to give a bike a go for its money

All in fun

Reply with whatever story you have and let's have a little fun with it.

Jim out:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its always fun to bash the wannabe racers :D To be nonest, I think *most* try to race bikes just to watch them wheelie or take off or just listen to the bikes screaming. I know thats what I used to do in my ricer (white Honda CRX with lots of stickers!).

Prolly my fave story is 2 guys in an Accord with the requisite funky lights and loud exaust (which we all know sound best in an automatic). There is a very long street with lots of stop lights on the way home, and starting with the 1st lights, they were on me. Music loud, reving, and yelling out the window. This is the funny part, I never "raced" them, but shifted at the normal points, and never got to even 8K RPMs. They proceded to gun it at every light, but I managed to keep them right near next to me the entire way to my street.

It was so funny because you could hear the car backfiring and hitting the rev limiter, and my bike barely crusing. I just didn't want these butt-munches to go tell their friends they beat a bike, so I never let them pass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last night I actually went up against a 99 (i think) camaro z28 with a 150 shot. He was putting about 530 hp to the wheels, so it took almost all I had to pull away from him.

It was a lot of fun though.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Jims748Duc said:
... I do find it really funny to see some idiot in a car, truck or whatever that thinks he is really going to give a bike a go for its money
I'm not sticking up for the cages in any way (especially ricers :barf: ) but there are a few cars out there that will give a bike more than it can handle at a stoplight. I think the fastest I've actually ever gone (in the quarter) was in a car (mid 9s) running street slicks and no VHT.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Around here(college town) you cant swing a dead cat without hitting a guy in either a Civic, or a Mustang. Both of which i destroy on a regular basis.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Racing with a road car? As much fun as fighting with a woman.

You smoked a Ford truck, uh? Thats a mark of a skilled rider no doubt.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
This reminds me of this old thread...

Funny Sh*t

·
Registered
492 Posts
little OT but what the hey

CBR_TACO's post reminded me of a time my buddy and I were at a red light next to 2 Harley go-slows reving their motors. My buddy(on a R1) says he's gonna smoke 'em, so the light turns green and he promptly stalls and watches the Hardleys take off.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Janusz said:
Racing with a road car? As much fun as fighting with a woman.

You smoked a Ford truck, uh? Thats a mark of a skilled rider no doubt.
That was such a zinger you felt you had to post it twice?:confused:

;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Reply to Janusz - chill out a little !!!!

Janusz - that was just one example of a vehicle that I have smoked. I have also smoked a decked out BMW, Vette, Mustang and of course all of those little want to be "fast and Furious" hondas.

This post is supposed to be all in fun so lighten up will ya. Have a good time read some of the amusing stories and take it for what it is - fun.

I am not saying that I am one of those smart ass little bitches that goes around and searches for idiots in supped up cars to race. I have better things to do with my time. However, if the situation presents itself - I go for it and quite frankly find it very amusing that someone in a car would think that they had a chance in hell against a motorcycle.

If you have an amusing story then tell it and let all of us hear, if you don't than read some of the other stories. If you don't agree with that type of fun, then that is your progative and everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I live life to enjoy it and try not to stress the little shit :finger: If you could make it down to southern california with your Moto Guzi, I would be happy to hand you your ass on a platter and then ask you if you wanted a second helping of that ass wooping. (just kidding) - It is all in fun.

Jim out :twofinger

·
Registered
580 Posts
Needas got the right idea. Lean forward like you're all into it and let the engine hit higher revs at part throttle like you're really trying. Let em get the front bumper ahead once or twice. See if they can blow it up! Wooo hoooo what fun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
nick_nolastname said:
Needas got the right idea. Lean forward like you're all into it and let the engine hit higher revs at part throttle like you're really trying. Let em get the front bumper ahead once or twice. See if they can blow it up! Wooo hoooo what fun.
lol @ nick... :D

here in "straya" the big thing seems to be v8 utes (think a 2002 el camino and you're close) all tricked out - or scooby-doos. lots of fun. One of the first things I learned when getting into cars as a teenager was...

[fightclubvoice]
"rule number one - you never race a bike"
[/fightclubvoice]

now that I ride a bike, I can see why! :eek::D

that being said, I'm not a big fan of racing cars - especially if you're going to toy with them as nick suggests/jokes. given the average stoplight racer has very little experience behind the wheel by virtue of his age, and is often driving a car with more hp than the manufacturer suggested, all you need is for him to lose it into your lane / you / someone else and you're in the middle of a Very Bad Thing. A rider was killed here recently by a nutbar in a Camry (!) that was playing a game of catch-up-to-the-bike-that-just-smoked-me-at-the-lights-whoops-i-cant-drive-crash
:finger: :(

food for thought.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't dare race bikes in my car, or bother with cars on my bike !!

(not to mention I am so new to my bike I would prolly mess up and it would embarrasing)

But when in the scooby I ONLY race 4's and 6's when provoked, because I know I'll win in most cases. AND I'll go heads up with V8's because its a run for the money, I lose as much as win. :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
Die, Caged Scum!!!

Porche Boxter - R.I.P.
Corevette - R.I.P.
Scores of pimped out, heavily modded cars - R.I.P.

Sometimes you can't help it!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
231 Posts
YZF600R Guy said:
I don't dare race bikes in my car, or bother with cars on my bike !!

(not to mention I am so new to my bike I would prolly mess up and it would embarrasing)

But when in the scooby I ONLY race 4's and 6's when provoked, because I know I'll win in most cases. AND I'll go heads up with V8's because its a run for the money, I lose as much as win. :p
I'm surprised that a V8 could beat your bike! I rode my buddies 98' YZF600R a few times (never really raced it w/ other vehicles though). In the low RPM's, it felt like it was making a lot of noise, but i really wasn't getting anywhere. However, once I started to really wind it up, that thing MOVED! I know you're not really comfy w/ the bike yet, but give yourself some more time and you'll beat the hell at almost any V8.

Sorry!...LOL, sorry dude, I didn't know the scooby stood for your WRX! I'll shut up now!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Last autumn I was riding two up with my wife on my 86 Concours. I pulled out to pass two cars and the lead car, a brand new C5 Vette with 20 day plates still attached, decided to race me. I dropped two gears and he quickly lost. Must've been aggravating to be beat by an old guy on a vintage touring bike, two up.

When I was younger I had a Yamaha Seca 750 that seemed fast at the time. A modified mustang kicked my a$$ in a drag race leaving a toll booth. Kind of humbling.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Raced a Ferrari F40 last year. We both turned on to a 3 lane divided street from opposite lights at the same time and I could see the driver checking out my ZX9. Beautiful car and damn loud too. We are both just cruising and as the lights ahead are turning amber and the lanes are clear, I stop at the light. The F40 however doesn't want to race from the lights (knows whats going to happen) and guns it instead to make the light, so I open the bike up and follow. He must have been reving to at least 7-8K and went flying up the inside of some traffic at ~100. Things are getting a little crazy as we are in an urban area so I just pace him and enjoy the wild sounds of the F40. My wife could hear the car and my bike from 2 blocks away from inside our apartment!
Anyway he takes a left at a junction on to a slip road and I follow. Well I couldn't resist going for it and as we pull on to a two lane road we both nail it from about 30 mph. I'm in 1st and trying to keep the front end down, I quickly pull level and start to pass him in the far left lane. Hit 2nd gear and now I'm really flying but only put ~3 cars lengths on this guy by about 11 K revs before I had to slow for traffic. Very fast car. Next lights I let him go as we had already pushed it hard enough for me with traffic around. The guy lives locally and we met up later that day on the street. Nice guy who also races a Ducati 996. I looked up the stats on a F40 and these cars are 480-500 hp and weigh ~2400 lbs. 0-60 in low 3 secs. I reckon he would beat a 600 from a 50 mph roll on to 100. Fantastic car for mucho $$$ but my $9K bike was quicker !

·
Registered
518 Posts
Does teaching a V-Rod a lesson count? Pretty ballsy for a cruiser, but c'mon. Hey...he started with me...I swear...:D :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts