1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently bought some 'custom' LED lights from autolumination.com

= I bought 3 'utility lights'

= & 7 light strips

= & one of these to hook them all up to the bike, hopefully . . .

---------------------
I plan to put two of the utility lights near the engine, between the frame on both sides, so I can light up the engine in amber galor, and the third one underneith the seatcowl to light up the rear tire.
&
Four of the light strips inside the rear tire's swingarm, two on each side, for a good rim light-up. And two more on the front tire to light it up as well. The last one is just extra.
---------------------
I've taken some entry level electronic classes in high school, but I dont know what too look foward to next.
What I am worried about is - will the power of the motorcycle battery overload the lights, and burn them out!
making the LED's dead and worthless.

So does anyone here know what I need so this doesnt happen. Like power regulators I should buy, switch relays, fuzes, PRODUCTS TO MOUNT THEM SECURELY to bike. . . ???

thanks

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
LED's consume almost no power. As long as the appropriate size resistor is inline with the LED's (it should be in the housing somewhere) you have nothing to worry about.

But do you really want your bike to look like an 18-wheeler?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its all good

turns out that all the lights are already "12volt ready" :thumb:

and I picked up some 60sec epoxy from autozone that is also 200degree friendly:D, and also some 'industrial' double sided tape to glue everything to the bike

Just today I fixed my bike's primary cover, she's good ta go !:cool:

shibbee:twofinger

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Woooaaaahhhhh

Back on two wheels, in style:cool:
OFF.JPG
ON.JPG
looks realy nice going down the road

PS: how do you make the picks bigger on screen!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts