Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever painted, or know if it is possible to paint the stock windscreen black, to take out the glare?...Would it flake off? Is there an alternative to buying a aftermarket speedscreen?...Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Sure did.....

I had an 88 Ninja which had a faded windscreen. I used black spray-paint, followed by some spray on clear coat. It lasted for 2 years until I sold the bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess my main concern is that it will look "ghetto"... I'm not going for the "rigged" look..I'm just wanting to make sure that it will look good, and not flat..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey man, cool to see someone else from Roanoke on here! Be careful about painting that screen. Last year when I got my bike inspected, the guy gave me a hard time about mine and it's just a smoke screen. He said you have to be able to see through it and he thought the tint was too dark. I told him that was ridiculous and he finally passed it. It all depends on where you take it I guess. I made the mistake of taking it to a dealer that time. If you decide to paint it and are not sure about the inspection, I'll check around and see if I can find a place that will pass it if you want though you may already know of a place. If you ever want to get together and ride let me know. My job is killing me right now but I try to squeeze in a ride or two on the weekends if I can.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally someone from around here... thats pretty cool... hey kawboy whats your email add., i got a couple of questions for ya..I know of a place that will pass almost anything for an inspection, and i plan on taking it there next feb..

·
Registered
73 Posts
any real reason?

is there any real good reason you DON'T want to buy a new windscreen,....they only cost about $40,.....if it were me i would think the time spent prepping the screen and costs of paints and other supplies just to see if it would look ghetto are a complete waste of my time and would much rather buy one and if i dont like it i can return it,.....if you dont like your paint job u would proll HAVE to buy one then,.......btw i picked mine up at targa-acc.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts