Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Get your butt movin boy. Haven't seen you in a while.

Later bro.

Jon

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
almightys said:
ahh I must have missed that email at work. the spam filter must of got it? LOL
Yeah,....
what he said.
No invite in my mail either.....:twofinger

We gonna do that upper west coast ride from Muskeegon to Petoskey any time soon?:twofinger

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DocThee said:
Did anyone go on this ride? I heard a few guys went down...can anyone confirm this?
Yeah, there was a little mishap. Someone got stuffed in a corner cause they were all packed up going through it and the one rider clipped the front whel of another bike. Just scratches, nothing major.

·
Registered
354 Posts
almightys said:
so much for group riding etiquette eh?
The last time I went out with this group (Hooters ride to Flint) some riders didn't seem to have a clue. Seemingly this was a large group (60 riders) but I think they should have a more thorough pre-ride.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yeah, I might have had a little attitude if I was going around a corner and someone was tucked in right next to me. You need to have an escape route.

Glad to hear everyone was ok though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Blue Z said:
The last time I went out with this group (Hooters ride to Flint) some riders didn't seem to have a clue. Seemingly this was a large group (60 riders) but I think they should have a more thorough pre-ride.
Yeah I think that ride was a definite candidate for splitting the group up and staggering the leave time.

MissyBusa said:
This Picture Comes To Mind!
That is classic!

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
four_by_ken said:
60?

Um no. I would have left as soon as I saw that.

Perfect example of why I hate large group rides.
The Road Captain's should have identified that. Especially if there is a collection of all these riders, most of which noone has ever ridden with before, that is just a formula for danger. Thank God nobody was seriously injured.

I know we have split our rides three and sometimes four groups have a three or four RC's in the same group. Have a pre ride talk with maps, assure a staggered formation, and go over hand signals.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts