71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has h-d ever won any races in the ama or whereever
they race those things????

·
Registered
279 Posts
Harley racing

if i remember right harley made a 125 bike for racing back in the days of dirt ovals. I think they only ran for a season but never lost a race. it was harleys first adventure into the world of racing and decided to give it up after the first season hence their unbelieveable record. a very few number of these bikes were made and i think they were manufactured over seas. I met a harley collector who has one that has never been turned over (so he claims). i wasn't impressed. it looked like any old dirt bike i've ever seen.

S

·
0 Posts
They made a 250 ... but If I remember correctly it was powered by rotax ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
yea don't try and quote what i said as fact, my brain is clogged with malted hops and bong resin. no i don't know dick about flat track racing. i just got the speedvision channel a week ago so my knowledge is soon to be growing in all areas of racing. if it goes fast and looks cool i'll watch it. we just got a race track near my city in the last couple of years but support is very low and they may close soon....anyways about the harley's record, do they still run? and if they are so damn good why can't they give the Buell team any decent support?

P

·
0 Posts
Nappyboy said:
and if they are so damn good why can't they give the Buell team any decent support?
With the lack of connection between Buell and HD's road racing program, what makes you think there would be more of a connection between HD's dirt racing program and Buell?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Motoman80 said:
Yeah, well, I could win the AMA superbike on my 900SS if I wasn't so slow, if it wasn't so slow, if I wasn't scared to hit full steering lock under power out of a turn, and if my hemorhoids didn't prevent me from sliding around on my bike like they do! :)

Actually I was very disappointed to see it break down, but wasn't suprised. More suprised to see it running so well for so long!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pete said:

With the lack of connection between Buell and HD's road racing program, what makes you think there would be more of a connection between HD's dirt racing program and Buell?
i was speaking in more of a general term between the two not just directly from dirt to street. i would hope for something like a big brother (HD) looking out for little brother (Buell). But i guess that's all part of the harley i'm-too-good-for-everyone-else-even-my-own-little-brother mystique. which is a damn shame as i feel the buell is one of the easiest to ride bikes i've ever been on. and not a bad looker either, but podiums sell bikes..... is the engineering of the two bikes make them so different that transfering any technology is not even an option?

·
Registered
45 Posts
H-D racing

Harley Davidson is a bike company that has gotten big out of reputation. Just like that guy in high scool that the girls drooled over and yet the guys kept asking "what's so great about him?"
It's like the jocks and the heads.
This is a company that has a clientel based on being the bad boys of the group. Racing? Come on guys, this would ruin them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts