Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SepiasSoul said:
Its still ugly and air cooled... and probably comes with a price tag of over 15 grand.
Yeah, I am sure it would be expensive if they produce it.
I think it looks pretty good though.

And whats the problem with air cooled? I would much rather have something air cooled if I had a choice.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
That Road King is calling my name....anyone wanna buy an R1 so I can get it?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
I'll give you 5grand for it, shipped.
oh...you wanted just the bodywork and paint then huh? :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i really like this xr1200 thing, i think its pretty sweet. id buy one...used, new will prob cost wayyyyy too much for me to justify buying it new

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Neller0414 said:
i really like this xr1200 thing, i think its pretty sweet. id buy one...used, new will prob cost wayyyyy too much for me to justify buying it new
I dont think it will be THAT much.

The 1200 Sportster can be had for somewhere in the ballpark of $10k and the Ulysses can be had for around $12.5k. Thats in the ballpark of the Jap bikes. But, it still have that damn tractor motor in it.
:mad:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Well it sounds like competition for the muscle UJM's of the 80's. As always, HD is about 20years behind the curve...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vash said:
Well it sounds like competition for the muscle UJM's of the 80's. As always, HD is about 20years behind the curve...
I agree... but only because of the power plant. Get the Vrod motor in there... and its modern times.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
four_by_ken said:
I agree... but only because of the power plant. Get the Vrod motor in there... and its modern times.
Please.. the V-rod maybe a technological marvel in comparison to the rest of their offerings, but its far from modern. Not only does it not produce the power to be trully competetive in the muscle market (120hp maybe a a whole lot for an hd, but it doesnt turn anyone elses head) its got an exceptionaly narrow powerband, and its dimentions are so large that it cannot be moved in the frame to achieve a proper center of gravity (which is why buell doesnt use them) Hell, I wouldnt be suprised to find out that it will not fit in a sportster frame at all.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vash said:
Please.. the V-rod maybe a technological marvel in comparison to the rest of their offerings, but its far from modern. Not only does it not produce the power to be trully competetive in the muscle market (120hp maybe a a whole lot for an hd, but it doesnt turn anyone elses head) its got an exceptionaly narrow powerband, and its dimentions are so large that it cannot be moved in the frame to achieve a proper center of gravity (which is why buell doesnt use them) Hell, I wouldnt be suprised to find out that it will not fit in a sportster frame at all.
Ok.. so your right. :D

I guess I am just to eager for HD to come out with something I would consider buying. :eek:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
four_by_ken said:
Ok.. so your right. :D

I guess I am just to eager for HD to come out with something I would consider buying. :eek:
They sell awesome shades.... :twofinger

1 - 20 of 39 Posts