Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what you guys think of the Sportsters HD makes

im look at either a 883 or a 1200r, i always thought they were really expensive, but the sportsters are all under 10k

·
Registered
33 Posts
They kick ass. ;)

Seriously though, I like mine. The only thing is that I have to have very low bars, lower than stock, otherwise 6'3" looks kind of goofy. Performance wise, parts are everywhere; mine runs mid 12s in the 1/4. Plus it's really a lot of fun to ride. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have ridden and worked on alot of sportster's, they really are good bikes, they ride good, and contrary to what people might say, they hold up well. They are over priced, and under powered compared to the metric bikes, wich are half the price. If you compare the HD to say the Intruder, the intruder will smoke it in avery aspect.

But the HD's are decent bikes.

·
Registered
860 Posts
poolshark411 said:
They kick ass. ;)

Seriously though, I like mine. The only thing is that I have to have very low bars, lower than stock, otherwise 6'3" looks kind of goofy. Performance wise, parts are everywhere; mine runs mid 12s in the 1/4. Plus it's really a lot of fun to ride. :D

That's a good looking scoot. :thumb:

What mods have you done to it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Goodrich SS Braided front brake line
Bel Ray 30 wt fork oil
Stiffest setting stock rear shock :rolleyes:
Avon tires
JC Whitney 24" drag bar turned down
Wiseco 10:5:1 pistons
High compression heads
S/E slip-ons
S/E ignition module; 6800 rpm limiter
S/E air cleaner

Not that much really, no turbo kits or anything, but it's turned out to be a pretty solid machine.

It's for sale, by the way. $5500 firm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts