Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good place in the area to get this done? The HD on my Dell Laptop took a dump a couple nights ago. the IT group at work gave it a whirl but couldn't get anything out of it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It is very, very expensive, I had one go up in smoke and looked into it. Cheapest I could find was about $800. And after you pay and send them the hard drive there is still no guarantee.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I had it done...cost $1300 and they pretty much gauranteed they could recover the drive. 24 hours later I picked up the hard drive and a backup DVD that contained everything I lost.

This company has a large contract with the State of Michigan court system who has them investigate cases where people reformat their hard drives.

Interestingly, they said that even with a hard drive that has been re-formated up to 7x, they can still pull data off of it from the first format.

http://www.datarecoverygroup.com/

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
You guys are nuts to put anything on a hd that is important.
Dvd or flash or external back up...done.
Smoked hd.....yank and replace, or new pc.
Companies I can kinda understand but your shit should still be backed up as often as possible like a PDA/phone.:2cents:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Duner said:
You guys are nuts to put anything on a hd that is important.
Dvd or flash or external back up...done.
Smoked hd.....yank and replace, or new pc.
Companies I can kinda understand but your shit should still be backed up as often as possible like a PDA/phone.:2cents:
In theory you are correct, but we aren't online soliciting females all day so we don't all have time to run a back up :twofinger

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Headlight said:
In theory you are correct, but we aren't online soliciting females all day so we don't all have time to run a back up :twofinger
MS Automatic Scheduled Tasks....Dork:twofinger

Besides,
If I wanted females, I'd just steal em from you.:D :twofinger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts