Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured with all the interest here maybe someone might be interested in my friend's .22 he's got up for sale.. he wants to get Wather and figured he could let go of this one to make room for it :p

See his PDF file for details and photo .... I'll have a printed copy of this with me Sat if anyone is interested there as well... guy really takes care of his shit!

E.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
my buddy has this gun. It shoots great. Very accurate. The finish is a little suspect. The barrel finish came off with some heavy cleaner but for the money, its a nice piece.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That is tempting. I've wanted a .22 for kicking around up north. The rifle (10/22) gets old hauling it around. I haven't had a hand gun since I sold my .357 back before I got married.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an excellent shape and I've seen thse going for $ 300 on GunsAmerica and some GunBroker site.... the guy is nuts for letting it go at $200 but he feels he's had some fun with it and isnt' about how much he can stick someone for ....

Let me know if interested and I can give yo the guys phone number to talk to or some weekend if ya wanna come up to visit we can set up the targets in the back yard and have him come over and we can shoot a few rounds off...

E.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
im interested...you can pm me his phone number or email me [email protected]

is this a good first handgun? im taking the ccw class soon, and i figure it would be nice to have a gun to take to ranges to practice, instead of renting all the time. it will be mostly just a range gun for me...so anybody that has used one before feel free to pitch in a few comments, or overdose, if you have anything else to say about it, good or bad?

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably what you'll want to do is go into a gun store down yonder and ask for that model to hold and look at so you can see how it feels in your grasp... It's an easy gun to shoot being it's only a .22 so nice for target practicing.. BUT NOT a good gun for use as personal protection carring.. (which is not an issue for YOU since you only want it for target shooting) this particular one is too big in physical size to try and conceal... so just keep that in mind when you take your CCW class - don't mean you have to take the gun you plan to carry to the class just be prepaired to answer the question when asked if that's the gun you intend to carry LOL... I heard a few asked that at the range :p

I'll pm you his work telephone number and you can call him anytime between 8:30 Am and 3:30 Pm.

E.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
sounds good, all i need is a handgun to start on and practice with...i still cant legally carry for a year and a half anyway. and once i get a new gun, this one would probably go to my girlfriend for practice shooting.

is there anything else i could even get, thats decent, for $200?? that seems cheap and a real good deal, but im not into handguns yet so i wouldnt even know.

simon, if you read this, feel free to chip in your :2cents:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yeah i believe you have to be 17 to take the class and get certified, but you can not get your license and carry until 21. also, you can not buy a handgun unless you are 21, and i think you need a license to buy one anyways (?? not sure), however you can obviously buy one from a private seller, which is what im trying to do so i have a gun i can go practice with at the range for the next year and a half then be more ready and experienced when it comes time for me to get my license and carry

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If age is a concern you may wish to check with your local sherif's department .. because even to purchase privately you still have to get a purchase permit and get the gun registered...

E.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
hmmm...i was pretty sure i could purchase privately, ill have to ask simon im sure he will know. maybe i need to take the class and atleast be certified first...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
you should've been paying attention in class E, nate you can buy one from a private party when you are 18, but not from a dealer until you are 21. one of the loopholes in the law. and yes, you will still need a purchase permit.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you can call simon then yes.. ask him and he will clear it up for you.. but I know in our area at least you can not purchase a handgun no matter from whom (even a family member) without a purchase permit from the sherif's department (unless you have a Concealed Pistol License) and after the purchase you still have to take it back to get registered with in 10 days... rifles and shotguns do not follow under these rules but handguns do...

E.
hope I'm not bustin your bubble here.. but dont' want you to get your hopes up if your age prevents you from getting that purchase permit...

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jjkGURU said:
you should've been paying attention in class E, nate you can buy one from a private party when you are 18, but not from a dealer until you are 21. one of the loopholes in the law. and yes, you will still need a purchase permit.
I was... I knew he could buy one privately but NOT without the purchase permit.. read my post J. :twofinger and not knowing his age I had no clue if he was old enough to get that purchase permit at the age he is - hence my telling him to call and ask :twofinger :twofinger

E.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
im 19, so im in the clear...just need to figure out how to get that purchasing permit, do you do it at the sec of state?? i guess i could go see the gun and talk to the guy, and then if i decide to buy it i can go get the permit then.

i kinda gave my age, i said "a year and a half until i can carry" cause actually its almost exactly 6 months till i turn 20.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your local sherif's department is where they get issued not SOS... or your local police station if you dont' have sherif's departments down yonder...

Keep in mind I live 2 hours north of ya'll.. so driving up here without knowing for sure you can get a purchase permit would be one heck of a drive... :( (they run a check on you and make you take a written test)

not saying get your permit first before looking .. just make sure you know where to go and that it's all in order for you if/when you decide to go and get the purchase permit...

E.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, your local constabulary should be able to provide you with the purchase permit. Typically it's the clerk's office for the local PD or Sheriff. They'll make you take a 7 (9??) question test.... use half a brain and you're fine. They may or may not make you wait the three days to approve the permit and run the FBI background check (my local PD issued mine on the spot).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts