Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm going to get flamed big time for this question, but I like to ride my bike to work. However I work in a very professional office and my helmet really messes my hair up bad. Do any of you have this problem and if you do do have any tricks to solve the problem. Ok let er rip!!!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Sounds like the words of a woman. If you are male, & David is basiclally a male name, have you ever thought of cutting your hair short?

In the mid 60s to mid 70s---obviously the days of long haired Senior High School students.

I was a Certified Amateur Wrestling coach & told the to be wrestlers to get their hair cut short. After a few work-outs with me on the matts they all got their hair cut short.

Of interest said team placed 2nd twice the B.C. Interior Championship & first the other eight years---obviously sleek looking long hair was not the answer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same problem. I work as a consultant so I need to maintain a certain level of proffesionalism. I have my hair cut short, but even still I come out looking like I got two mohawks. I've heard that putting on a bandanna helps but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I also work in a professional office and have short hair, but its naturally curly so I have problems keeping it neat under my helmet so what I do is bring some hair gel in my backpack and don't do anhtying to my hair in the morning. Once I get to the office do my hair in the bathroom once I get in the office.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow I didn't get flamed hardly at all. I am amazed:). But anyway it looks like I will just have to leave a little earlier to give some grooming time in the bathroom before I hit the office. I think I might try the bandana thing also. Later y'all.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ye ole No.1 clipper guard....

If you sleep and it messes up your hair...

You got too much hair....:twofinger

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I have a pic that would be so great for this situation, but I'd probably get banned or something.

Anyways, a Balaclava (the headgear) is basically like a ski mask. I have one that I wear under my helmet when it gets a little cold. It doesn't have the thinckness of a ski mask so you can still easily wear your helmet. Plus, depending on the material it's made of, there's less chance of it messing up your hair, at least as bad as a helmet would.

I agree with the haircut idea. 1 on top, 000 on the sides and i'm set.

Adios

·
Registered
135 Posts
All I do when my hair gets a bit long is go to the bathroom, wet it and brush it seems to work fine. but don't use gel or mousse as it messes up you helmet after a while.:thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am in the same situation and just keep my hair pretty short. Its a little messed up byt the time I get to work but nothing a couple minutes in the bathroom doesnt fix.

It can get to be a real hassle though if I dont cut it for a bit.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
LOL.. who'd thought there would be a thread about hair styles and tips from all guys on SBW :p

cool though... :thumb:

snake.. your post might not get you banned but it would surely get this thread moved to the adults only section ;)

E.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hair

I usually keep a tube of Gel. Once at destination, wet hair put gel, let it air dry and shape. Does not work if hair is extremely long.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the solution. It has worked for me very well. Its name is "bic" or maybe his brother gillette. You run him on the side of your head, and no problems! I used to press my luck with the hair standards and keep it longer, but since being in the desert I have come to love short hair. I bic the sides and have a 1 on the top. I've been told it looks like the "state trooper" haircut. I can't go anywhere without people thinking I'm a cop, or knowing I'm in the military. But it sure is nice to wake up and not have to worry about a bad hair day!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Using a silk balaclava would definitely help hair to look its best beneath a helmet. Someone also mentioned baklava earlier, which is an absolutely delicious Greek pastry made with crispy phyllo dough, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and honey. One wouldn't want to apply this to their hair:

:D

~ Blue Jays ~

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

Using a silk balaclava would definitely help hair to look its best beneath a helmet. Someone also mentioned baklava earlier, which is an absolutely delicious Greek pastry made with crispy phyllo dough, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and honey. One wouldn't want to apply this to their hair:

:D

~ Blue Jays ~
Says you! :D

I second (or third or whatever) the balaclava. Works great, especially in combination with short hair. :thumb:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
RoadStainR6 said:
*** But it sure is nice to wake up and not have to worry about a bad hair day!
it's also nice from a girls position as well ;)

E.
as long as you don't have rough stubble coming through :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts