Sportbike World banner

Had my 2000 F4 dyno'd...!!!

2K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  CBR_Brutha 
#1 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Sorry Nick, I didn't bother checking the price, it'd just piss me off if they had a lower price than I paid :)

They also had 2 Henderson Super X cruisers there with a BIG discount (marked at $12000 down from 18 or 19K).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's cool dude, I understand totally. Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is a Henderson Super X? I see the word "cruiser" and my skin crawls... :D . Again, forgive my stupidity, but I'm just curious as to what it is. Thanx man...

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

G
#2 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CBR Brutha:
Anyway here's the numbers: (all specs @rear wheel)

Stock- 97.4bhp 44.6lb.ft

Modified- 113.8bhp 49.1lb.ft

Lemme know what you think...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's one f'ed up Dyno.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

#3 ·
What's up all? I DID total my bike (according to insurance company), but before the salvage yard came for it, I took it (in a truck), in its barely rideable condition, and had it dyno'd. I know this sounds stupid, but I wanted to know what differences my pipe, jet kit, and air filter had on the thing. Plus I had some extra $$$, and since there was no damage to the engine, I thought it would be kinda cool. Anyway here's the numbers: (all specs @rear wheel)

Stock- 97.4bhp 44.6lb.ft

We tested it in stock and modified form, which is why I am able to list both specs. I still had all my old parts, and after testing that setup, then testing and tuning the modified setup, I was EXTREMELY impressed.

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited August 30, 2000).]

#4 ·
So you gained 16.4 HP by wadding you bike ;) . I would have never thought of trying that :) . Mine does seem a little faster after my parking lot encounter though...hmmm

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

#6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by #2f4:
man thats some good HP...so what pipe, filter, and jet kit is on the bike ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have (had) a Yoshimura® RS-3 pipe w/competition baffle, a Factory® Config. 1 jet kit, and a K&N filter. After messing with the jet kit awhile, we were able to get those numbers, and I was very impressed. I could definitely feel the power when it was still rideable!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
So you gained 16.4 HP by wadding you bike ;) .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah dude, I never knew that flipping your bike and taking out a sign did so much for performance. I oughtta e-mail Nicky right away!!! ;) :D :D ;)

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

#7 ·
I think I'll just keep my 929 off the pavement. I have just enough hp for myself.
Now if I had a fat wife like someone else, I would fall over in the parking lot with the disc brake lock on. Or something stupid like that.

------------------
"I See Dead People"

#9 ·
Hey Nick, are you looking for a 929? I was at the local dealer yesterday and noticed they had 2, one of each color.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, actually I've been waiting because I'm hoping that prices drop toward the end of the season. I'm all about the Red/Blk scheme. Did you notice the posted price? If so, what was it. Thanx for the info!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

#10 ·
Sorry Nick, I didn't bother checking the price, it'd just piss me off if they had a lower price than I paid :) Probably won't dicount it enough to make shipping to Ohio worth it though. I thought they would be getting scarce by now and was suprised to see 2 of them there.

They also had 2 Henderson Super X cruisers there with a BIG discount (marked at $12000 down from 18 or 19K). They can't give those things away since they filed for bankruptcy.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

#12 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duck 916:
Nick I have a red and white 929 for sale. Let me know if you want one it only has 700 miles and i would ship it to ya. Let me know<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Price???

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

#13 ·
Hey Pete, I got some extra hip boots if ya need to borrow them..... :rolleyes:

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:Kyle@sportbikeworld.com

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

#14 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
I think that's one f'ed up Dyno.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the numbers were kinda high too, and it is the only dyno I've ever had it run on. All I know is that I could undoubtedly feel a big difference after the mods. It is very possible that the dyno was off though. Who knows...???

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

#16 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tristan:
Dude, if Harley had you doing their tuning, Russell would run away with the championship!
If crashing increases HP, my VTR must be churning out Hayabusa-esque numbers!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Yeah!!! I never thought of it that way. I will have to crash all my future bikes as soon as I get 'em. I just won't total them, that way I'll have 'em fixed and they'll be faster in the end!!! :D :D

Really though, I hope that no-one took it that way. The engine was unaffected by the wreck. All the damage was cosmetic.

Also, if you ever see me working on a Harley, PLEASE shoot me on the spot. American or not, I don't think I could live with myself knowing I helped Harley beat out Hayden or Bayliss or Mladin. Harley should stick with cruisers, that's where they suck the least!!! :D :D
------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited August 30, 2000).]

#18 ·
Not to be technical, but does that include the cost to you of shipping it here and everything? Also, why are you selling it after such a short period of time?

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

#19 ·
Sorry Brutha, but that dyno was effed up. with no internal engine work, (stuff like Cams, timing, Jug work, loose fit bearings, etc) you will never see 113 HP or even close on an f4.

When you get your new bike (did u get one yet) find a NEW Dyno shop, and dont ever go back to the old one. If they dont know how to run a dyno they shouldnt be in the business.

------------------
Fear Green.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited August 30, 2000).]

#20 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenNinja:
Sorry Brutha, but that dyno was effed up. When you get your new bike (did u get one yet?)... If they dont know how to run a dyno they shouldn't be in the business.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kinda figured that it was a little off when I first saw the numbers, but I wasn't sure because I'm no genius when it comes to Japanese mills, and have no clue as to what their capabilities are. Gimme a small block Ford or Chevy (Ford preferred :D), and I'll know the limits to the block. I wanted accuracy. Being an mechanical engineer in the make, I depend on it!!

Anyway, I will find a new shop when I get my new bike. So to answer your other question...no I don't have it yet. I may wait awhile so I can just pay cash for it and be done with loans and borrowing for good. Not sure yet...guess time will tell. I may not be able to resist it come next year's warmth.

Maybe I'll call the guy who ran it and ask him how often he does calibrations on his dyno, just so as to know why it would have been off to that degree. I'll keep ya' posted though. There's actually a pretty good shop back home in Ohio (I'm in college in Michigan right now) where they sell Harleys and Buells. They are supposed to be reasonable though, and I've seen their facilities, which are spotless. I'll have to check more into it. Anyway...thanx for the comments...RIDE ON!!!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

#22 ·
Well I don't mean to make anyone mad but seeing I have a 600 myself and ateending a the SBK race at Road Atlanta and watching RACE BIKES dyno'd I know they are only getting around 105-108 bhp. That is a supersport race bike not a street bike! LIke I said wish we could get those numbers from from only putting a system jet kit and filter but not possible!

------------------

#23 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CBR Brutha:

Stock- 97.4bhp 44.6lb.ft

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dyno couln't of been that far off now, could it? I mean he had it stock dyno'd and those numbers are about right, right? and he only had it dyno'd again on the same dyno machine.

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

#25 ·
I kinda figured that it was a little off when I first saw the numbers, but I wasn't sure because I'm no genius when it comes to Japanese mills, and have no clue as to what their capabilities are...

Maybe I'll call the guy who ran it and ask him how often he does calibrations on his dyno, just so as to know why it would have been off to that degree. I'll keep ya' posted though.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just an update to you guys (esp. the ones who seem to think I'm lying): I have since found out that the guy at the shop where I had it dynoed had not kept the thing up to spec. He never performed regular maintenance on it, and that may have led to the outrageous numbers.

I'm quoting myself to point out that I MYSELF even doubted the numbers after I got over the initial surprise. Anyway, those were the results, and yes, they are f-ed up.

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.