Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving to go look at a pathfinder on saturday i got that not so full fealing coming from the rear.. started to slow down & heard a pow.. looked in my mirror & saw a hunk-a-chunk-a-rubber flying in the air. not fun. had to call my uncle to bring out his trailer & pick me up..

the azaro sport had about 3500 miles.. mostly commuting but about 5 or 6 hundred hard riding.. about half in the first 600miles of the tire & the rest towards the end.. it kept its profile fairly well... due to the vbd construction. still had good traction (proved by wheelies w/out spin a few mile before the blow-out). overall im very impressed w/the azaro.. not as many miles as a 207 but a lot more confidence inspiring... fair trade in my opinion.. think im gonna try a pilot in the spring.

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Stop doing burnouts!! Showoff !! ;)

------------------
Evil doers beware !

Adam

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Speed,this Wade.So what caused the blowout?Don't you think the dealer or manufacturer would replace the tire ....possibly defective?

------------------
XXman

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDSLED:
Hey Speed,this Wade.So what caused the blowout?Don't you think the dealer or manufacturer would replace the tire ....possibly defective?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After they see the 9 plugs in that tire, they're gonna laugh his ass right out of the store. :D

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha f'ing ha pete.. the the hole where the blow out occured was about 6in from the plug.. but that was my 1st thought too..

wade.. why the name change? but i had 3500 on them.. i think they may have been down a bit on pressure & got too hot.. plus the center was thin.. i didnt expect it but im not really surprized.

------------------

·
Registered
468 Posts
It doesn't matter where the hole from the blowout is, the carcass damage from the hole you plugged could be the cause of the blow out. If the carcass was severely damaged, it could cause the tire to overheat, and blow out. This is why you should never plug a motorcycle tire. Lucky you, you learned the lesson the hard way, and lived to tell about it.

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Did he really plug his tire? I thought he was just being a smartass.

If he did plug his tire....man you soo crazy!!

I ran the 207 down to the steele and it didn't pop. Must say something about a tire. I had a little old lady try to sell me an Avon once. :D

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, i really pluged it.

i had 4 plugs in a 207 once & had no problem at all. they all ended up being inside a tread groove & all were pretty much centered. this one was on the contact patch just off center to the right.. maybe it was the race compound or the tire got to thin or damage to the cords.. i dont know.

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts