Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen a few articles about this thing and finally found their website. Thoughts and opinions?

As for me, I'm not sure what I think about it. Interesting, yes. Cool, maybe. For me? Probably not.
http://www.allamericanracers.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
No matter how much "better" this design may be than a regular bike, it seems destined for the same realm as recumbent bicycles: dorkdom.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just saw an in-depth TV segment on this project. One of the things that was clearly demonstrated, was the ability of an amatuer rider to corner extremely quickly on the bike. Personally I think it's ugly and the riding position is poor (from a posture perspective) However the design works.

I think of this as the motorcycle equivalent of shape skis to the average skier. You could be a mediocre skier and with shape skis, carve some lovely turns due to the design. This bike will do essentially the same thing, plus you don't fall as far :D.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Holy crap Tahoe- I thought all the anti-shaped ski curmudgeons had died off! Thanks for making me feel young! BTW- Skiboards rule!!! Snowboards suck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts