Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Aris, I read that you are bored. What type of bike is this, Trivia Gurus?

5 extra points for telling me what kind of engine it has

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
tigertex said:
Okay Aris, I read that you are bored. What type of bike is this, Trivia Gurus?

5 extra points for telling me what kind of engine it has
Nice trivia Tigertex! I'm not saying the answer so that everyone else can play :)
Check your PMs ;)

Aris

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I'm giving another hint. Here's another picture. It's got some extra bits on the fairing but it is the same bike. Possibly the "Sport" Version, am I right Aris?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was about to say a CBRF1 with a single seat cowl with customized fairings. But then I saw the second picture, and it's got two pipes, and it looks too bulky to be a CBR. A suzuki GSX-F?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richie,

Nope. :p The fairings in the first pic could have been custom, to tell you the truth, I'm not really sure. It's hard to find pics of this bike and compare. I'm pretty sure that the plastic in the second pic is probably stock. Aris could probably clarify because he has actually seen one. From what I have read, they made a "race" version first and a "sport" version next. I kinda thought the first one was the race version and the second was the sport version.

Hint: The motor type in this bike is much more unique (to motorcycles) than those that you mentioned.

btw, what are you doing in the PI? I lived there for about 3 years when I was a kid. Clark AFB.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Hi Tigertex,
I think the first one is the Norton F1 Sports (P55B) and the second the Norton F1 Street Motorcycle (P55).
They could also be the same, as these bikes were hand built and one could differ from another. They were built in very small numbers!
Nice one RCJohn ;)
The 3rd picture is the real JPS racing bike which won many races in UK. Hislop won the Isla of Man TT on one!
BTW maybe you remember the famous video from the TT showing a bike tankslapping like crazy until it went down. It was this bike again...
Now what about the blue bike in the background of the first picture? ;) Anyone know what it is?

Aris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts