Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just bought a crashed GSXR750, mfd in 08/94. I have been told it is a WN by the vin no', but after seing pics on the net, maybe a WR. Mine has silver USD forks. 4Pot front brakes, horn mounted to side of radiator, side light inside main light unit, frame guards. Can anyone confirm which model it is!!!, cheers people, (please reply with email) thanks

------------------

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe this bike to be a 93 if the brakes are stock as the 94 in Canada has 6 pot pistons not 4 my old 93 had 4 pot pistons
What does the rear swing arm look like is one side GP style and the other normal (chain side)

------------------
If you are not on a gixxer what are you waiting for??

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
honestly,

it sounds like a 95 frame with older model forks and who knows what else.

tony

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Simply look at the TENTH digit in the VIN number. That letter will tell you the model year of the bike:

N = 1992
P = 1993
R = 1994
S = 1995

Of course, the VIN only applies to the frame. Everything else on the bike could have been changed, so who knows which parts on yours are original...

------------------
I'm not joking. And don't call me Shirley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts