Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i picked up my gsxr1000 yesterday and am having fun. i am still breaking it in, i only have 40miles on it. but once it is all set, what to do with it??????

any service things i should watch out for? i know the specs about it, but have not read much on the maintence and cons to the bike.

thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
mtmra70 said:
but once it is all set, what to do with it??????
1. See how far you can wheelie it.
2. Race anything that moves from stoplight to stoplight.
3. Brag non stop about how you are cool and have the best bike around.
4. Pose.
5. Bet all your friends you will crash within the next couple of months. (You'll probably win this bet)
6. Get life insurance.
7. Get more life insurance. (You are a great investment ;))
8. Wash it.
9. Do burnouts, burnouts = chick magnet
10. More stunts ! ! Stoppies are always a crowd pleaser.
11. Brag that the GSXR1000 is a pussy bike, and after 700 miles it felt slow.
12. Leave it in the Garage, you might lose the bet though :D
13. Enhance it's performance, it's slow remember ?
14. Impress young children, Kids love wheelies ...
15. Pick up chicks... Chicks love bikes.

Need I go on ?
That should keep you busy for a while , but if you need more suggestions please ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe..ok, those are good...lol.

you know you have a cool bike when everyone at the dealership says you have a cool bike and they WANT to ride it. plus i had just about everyone 20 yearold guy turn their head as i drove by :eek:)

S

·
0 Posts
Ya I bet you made some new friends.

Don't you think the bike is a little overkill in the power department ? I mean if you sneeze will you end up on your back ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Squidwannabe said:

Don't you think the bike is a little overkill in the power department ? I mean if you sneeze will you end up on your back ?
well when i go down the highway and hit bumps, it does jerk the bike because the throttle is so sensitive and loose.

i am affraid, BUT cant wait to be able to open this puppy up!!!! only 960miles to go....lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
What to do?!?

Man, after that sucker's broen in, Take it to the track, and GO LIKE HELL!! Wheelies are always cool, careful though, I hear the 1000 is a beast.

And Squid, I'm really impressed. No, SERIOUSLY!! It'd take me all day to think of all those squidly things to do.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
212 Posts
Umm, are you like 12 years old? (Looks like it from the pics.)

Also, why are your rear footpegs down with the rear seat cowl on? Lemme guess, you were going down the highway, lying down, and had your feet propped back on the rear pegs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ConqSoft said:

Also, why are your rear footpegs down with the rear seat cowl on? Lemme guess, you were going down the highway, lying down, and had your feet propped back on the rear pegs?
12?!?!?!?!, no i am 20....lol

they are down because i those pics i took after i gave someone a ride. if you look closely, some pics have them up, some are down.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
ConqSoft said:

LOL Cong!!
I just hope that those pix aren't of you in
"standard" riding gear.Enjoy that beast,but,put your brain in gear when you put it in gear,okay!!:)

Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
katana600 said:

LOL Cong!!
I just hope that those pix aren't of you in
"standard" riding gear.Enjoy that beast,but,put your brain in gear when you put it in gear,okay!!:)

Jim
nope, i wear Shoei helmet, Joe Rocket Kevlar Jacket and Carbon fiber/kevlar gloves.

ever since my accident on my F2, i wear the jacket a lot more.

S

·
0 Posts
mtmra70 said:

nope, i wear Shoei helmet, Joe Rocket Kevlar Jacket and Carbon fiber/kevlar gloves.

ever since my accident on my F2, i wear the jacket a lot more.

Well an f2 -> busa is a good jump ... Did you get any of the things on the list covered yet ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK! What you should do is nothing at all until someone beats you in a race..Well maybe add exhaust just for sound.

If you want more speed you can add the racing cams, exhaust and remap. Dyno test will be 183hp after that.

The cams and installation will cost about $1500 at a suzuki dealership.

Bell's Suzuki in Lexington KY is the one who gave me this price. The owner races and has done everything to his 1000. Suzuki told him what to do to it to get the most out of it. He mentioned a way to get and extra 10hp just by redoing something and it only cost labor.

Hope this helped and if I decide to do any of this to mine I will let you know how it turns out.

P

·
0 Posts
James, I am curious to know where and how you plan to use the extra power you're gonna get by modifying a bike that already has so much that is basically unuseable on the street.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where to use your power...

On a track of course....

Or maybe when the guy comes up next to you and gives you that "LETS GO" look. On a bike with this much power you will only find real street use in a straight line and in 3rd 4th 5th or 6th gear, otherwise the front wheel would never touch the ground.

I have done none of this to my bike and do not plan too unless that guy who gives the "LETS GO" look go's faster.

The power is unreal already but no matter how good and how much, someone has it better and more of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have no problem using this bike on the street, just be sure to get it into 3rd as fast as possible to keep the wheel on the ground if you decide to accelerate. It's actually very nice to be able to cruise around only running between 3k and 4k rpms and still having power, not having to be reving your bike all the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts