Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Minneapolis, MN, and I went to a local Suzuki dealer today to talk about $$$$$.
Here is what they told me:
Price- $10,399
Tax $675.94
Freight/Setup $395
License $43
Total: $11512.94

How does this compare to what your dealer is telling you? Notice that there is NO discount from MSRP, but there is no gouging either.
What number$ are you getting?

------------------
J.C. Whitney--When only the very BEST will do.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I stopped letting dealers tell me what the price is! I decide what's fair and what I'm willing to pay and they will take it or not.
On a bike like the GSXR 1000 that will likely be very popular, I'd pay msrp OUT THE DOOR. Freight and prep are total BS, so I consider the sales tax to be a minor discount.

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
The freight and set up charges are totally BS! The dealer gets a kick back from the manufacturer to cover this expense. NEVER EVER let the m screw you with this charge.
Patience is what will get you the best deal. With a new bike like that, they can ask bigger money for it. Supply and Demand my friend. Best of luck in your buying venture.

------------------
John Lankford
2000 ZX-6R
Hampton, VA
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I have very seriously been concidering
purchasing one of those bad boys... anyone
interested in a 2000 R1. Minor minor
scratches on upper and lower fairings -
barley noticeable. Yes I'm serious!

Chris

------------------
I really should be working...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
That gray and black is nothing but pure sex. Hubbahubbba
The yellow and black ain't to shabby either.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

[This message has been edited by funksouljon (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put an order in for a black & silver GSXR1000. I live in Canada. I got a smokin deal. 12,800 plus sales tax. The setup and freight crap was included. The setup charges are given back to the dealer as far as I know. I feel the dealer isn't making tons of $, but I am also buying a bike that isn't going to hit the street for about 6 months. To me,this is an easy sale for the dealer. Let me know how you make out, good luck, and shop around.

------------------

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, since I posed the question, I'll fess up to what I got taken for...
I am paying $12,280, out the door. I got nailed for the Freight and Setup too, but there isn't much I could do. The dealers know that the bike is going to be in demand, especially in the Spring. I have read reports that Suzuki plans a heavy production run of these bikes, so maybe there won't be a shortage, but what it boils down to (at least around Minneapolis/St Paul), is that if you want to KNOW that you will get this bike in the Spring, you gotta pay full nut, OR have a really good relationship with your dealer.
I had to dicker like hell to get 'em to knock a measley $99 off the sticker price.

------------------
J.C. Whitney--When only the very BEST will do.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eb:
I just put an order in for a black & silver GSXR1000. I live in Canada. I got a smokin deal. 12,800 plus sales tax. The setup and freight crap was included
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that Canadian or U.S. $$$ ?

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Canada, the GSXR lists for $14,399. All the dealers I talked to said this included the freight and setup charges. I wish I was making american greenbacks though, then it would have been a steal.

------------------

·
Registered
2 Posts
$12,800 for a new Gixxer? Sounds too good. I just paid $14,000 for mine plus Tax. I did get a more than generous trade value on my 2 trade ins. Can't wait!!!!

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
The big Squid daddy gotta step in here,

I recently ventured to the U.S, While at McDonald's I puchase 2 Mcxtra combo's bothe with cheese, The total came to 15$ canadian (3.99 U.S$X2 it equaled 9 bucks US).... In Canada the Mcxtra Combo is 3.99$ Canadian... (3.99 Can$X2 it equaled 9 bucks Canadian)
The same goes for most all stuff..

My friend just bought a 2000 Katana 750 Paid 6999$ Canadian +Taxe... That's a good deal .. Well say 7800 all incl ..
Thats like 5400$ american .. All the dealers in Mtl had the Kats for that price too, It wasn't the deal of the century either...

Americans can get great prices on stuff here....

------------------
Evil doers beware !

Adam

[This message has been edited by Squidwannabe (edited October 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
GSXR1000 $

I know 12800, sounds "to good to be true" but, all three dealers were willing to do better that the 14,400 that it lists for. The highest quote was 13600 plus taxes. The dealer that was 12800 is a small dealer, small shop = low overhead. No fancy suits for salesmen. It is in writing and I specified the color. I hope there are no problems. I will keep my fingers crossed.

eb

·
Registered
4 Posts
gsxr 1000 no bull

I'm glad to say that i may have one of the first gsxr 1000 that will be sent to canada. The shop i put a downpayment at is the #1 dealer in canada and they have around 15 gsxr's coming to them. My price is lower then $12500.00 with pdi and frait. I was also told that the 1000 had 147 hp at the rear wheel and 153 with a 2000 gsxr 750 slip on. The power in the bike is going to be impressive if it only has 130 something let alone 140 something at the rear i think most will be around 140 to 145. When the hayabusa was shown and stats were released it was said that 175 at the crank was optimistic and 160 at the rear wheel was not a real world stat. If they didn't beleive suzuki then they better now, when i ran mine it had 164 at the rear wheel so i don't think 145 at the rear for the 1000 will be BS.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: gsxr 1000 no bull

wheeler said:
I'm glad to say that i may have one of the first gsxr 1000 that will be sent to canada.
I probably won't be able to afford one, but I'm curious- does Canada get the same color schemes as the US? (blu/wh,yel/blk,silv/blk)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: gsxr 1000 no bull

wheeler said:
My price is lower then $12500.00 with pdi and frait. I was also told that the 1000 had 147 hp at the rear wheel and 153 with a 2000 gsxr 750 slip on.

Congrats wheeler,

That is a smokin deal.Where I am, I am lucky to only pay GST @ 7%, no sales tax here! I hope they are correct with stating 145 rwhp. I have been on every site to do with the 1000, and everyone is saying around 145-148 rwhp. This should provide a power to weight ratio that no bike will be able to match. The way the 1000's motor is set up, it has a 1 mm longer stroke than the R1, this should provide excellent torque figures, around the 80 ft. lb. mark. If you are an "owner" please join the GSXR1000 owners group on "egroups.com" group name GSXR1000. Check it out, there are a few of pictures, and we are currently trying to get a "confirmed" rwhp #'s

eb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Re: gsxr 1000 no bull

I'm curious- does Canada get the same color schemes as the US? (blu/wh,yel/blk,silv/blk) [/B][/QUOTE]

In Canada, the color schemes are the traditional Blue & white, Black & silver. I was under the impression that the '01 600cc was available in black & yellow. The other color I have seen for the 1000 is Red on silver/white. Maybe this is available in the US, or maybe the U.K.

Everyone I talked to is buying the black & siver. My dealer says that they are selling 8 - 1 over the Blue & white?

Eb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks EB and TRISTAN, I hope you been on the net lately because they just posted new info on the gsxr 1000 at motorcyclenews.com and its impressive. Here in Canada we will get the black & silver , bule & white for the 1000 and if you live in the US i beleive it's the same. If you are in US and are close to the boarder of Canada you should try to go to a dearler and ask about a bike the US dollar is worth more in Canada and you will more then likey get a better deal. I have friends from the US that i've already hooked up with smoking deals on new bikes and because they are from the US they didn't have to pay the taxes and thats a big chunck of cash you save.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts