Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ever want to strap your motor into a go kart?

http://www.jaredindustries.com

click on the

gixxerkart link

damn site, I tried to post the direct link but no go

·
Registered
67 Posts
My cousin went to Lawrence Tech, was on the SAE kart team over there..., he said they used a 2001 F4i engine, ported/polished/slightly bored with a bunch of extras for their kart. He says it's not as uncommon as you might think..., pretty cool, none-the-less.

·
Registered
246 Posts
dmpatter_37 said:
My cousin went to Lawrence Tech, was on the SAE kart team over there..., he said they used a 2001 F4i engine, ported/polished/slightly bored with a bunch of extras for their kart. He says it's not as uncommon as you might think..., pretty cool, none-the-less.
I was on the SAE team at U of M... I wouldn't necessarily call em gokarts, those things are more like the SCCA specials.

But yeah they use F4 or F4i engines with custom ECU by motec. One year they added FI to the f4 engine, just because they couldnt find a suitable f4i.

Just about everything on the engine is polished (bitch work... it takes a while to smooth out the heads, especialyl around the injection) and the case is bored out for custom pistons.

The motors only make about 80 hp / 50lb ft of torque, because the SAE competition rules mandate a 20mm restrictor on the intake. Either way thought, all the custom made CF parts look pimpin (intake, intake manni etc)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
halik said:
I was on the SAE team at U of M... I wouldn't necessarily call em gokarts, those things are more like the SCCA specials.

But yeah they use F4 or F4i engines with custom ECU by motec. One year they added FI to the f4 engine, just because they couldnt find a suitable f4i.

Just about everything on the engine is polished (bitch work... it takes a while to smooth out the heads, especialyl around the injection) and the case is bored out for custom pistons.

The motors only make about 80 hp / 50lb ft of torque, because the SAE competition rules mandate a 20mm restrictor on the intake. Either way thought, all the custom made CF parts look pimpin (intake, intake manni etc)
just tell me who to make the check out to. I want to play with one of these things bad

·
Registered
246 Posts
Over_Dose said:
just tell me who to make the check out to. I want to play with one of these things bad
heh,
if i remember correctly the price for parts and materials are about 40-50K :)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
halik said:
heh,
if i remember correctly the price for parts and materials are about 40-50K :)
ok, can we just steal one instead...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts