Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know who would win a 2000 GSXR 750 with a TRE and one tooth down in front and one up in back, BMC racing air filter......Or a stock 2006 R6????

The kids parents just bought him the bike. He is a 17 year old punk. This is the kids first year of riding if i should race him any tips on how to humiliate him????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then teach me thats what I am here for. Why you gotta be a prick about things. I'm 18 here looking for some advice and all i get is bitched at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
Whoever yells out vroom vroom and a cheesy line from Bikerboyz. Like "I live my life 1/4 mile at a time, and double-clutch my ass to highside," something to that effect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
Ben23GSXR750 said:
Then teach me thats what I am here for. Why you gotta be a prick about things. I'm 18 here looking for some advice and all i get is bitched at.
Sure, don't do what you're about to do, since it seems you don't know much about riding or the bike you ride. It's a tough love, but many people here just don't like (inexperienced) squids. Don't take offense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just would like some good advice with little or not critisizm. I live in a little town in Indiana and there arent many sportbike riders. I have no one to ask these questions so i figured hey the internet has to have something. I have rode for two years now i had a 1999 GSXR 600 got tired of it move up a year and size on the Suzuki's. I bought the 2000 GSXR 750 with a Shoei helmet that retails for $475, bike and helmet all together cost 4300 bucks how did i do??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
Ok, I think that's better to give some info about where you're coming from. Most guys here take pride in carving the curves, which is rider skill than straight drag, which is mostly about bike's potential.

Anyway, street racing is illegal and dangerous, and blah, etc. But in matter of performance, it's hard to judge since 06 R6 isn't available everywhere and hasn't be compared in magazine shootouts. Also, I'm not sure how much lighter or power to the rear wheel R6 is making this year. But my long guess is GSXR750 still should have advantage, it's relatively light, and has more torque midrange to take it to top-end and still has more HP than last year's ZX-6R.

However, those are bike's potential, as a rider, if you blow off a good launch, poor clutch skills and clutchless upshifts, all those things can affect your RT, and ultimately lose the race.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Depends on the rider.

But from what I gather from your post, since it's his first season riding he'll probably loop the bike trying to take off on you. Then you can buy the bike from him cheap since he won't be able to ride when he's paralyzed because he wasn't wearing any gear. :twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Ben23GSXR750 said:
I just would like some good advice with little or not critisizm. I live in a little town in Indiana and there arent many sportbike riders. I have no one to ask these questions so i figured hey the internet has to have something. I have rode for two years now i had a 1999 GSXR 600 got tired of it move up a year and size on the Suzuki's. I bought the 2000 GSXR 750 with a Shoei helmet that retails for $475, bike and helmet all together cost 4300 bucks how did i do??
practice your launch, you'll need to slip the clutch enough on the launch to keep the motor in the power, keep the front wheel down and keep the back wheel from spinning, you can use the rear break to control wheelies. Your 750 still has the advantage as long as the clutch is good and the bike runs the way it should.
practice practice practice...:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
Depends on the rider.

But from what I gather from your post, since it's his first season riding he'll probably loop the bike trying to take off on you. Then you can buy the bike from him cheap since he won't be able to ride when he's paralyzed because he wasn't wearing any gear. :twofinger
Best advice yet. See there is a use for squids, spare parts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Ben23GSXR750 said:
Then teach me thats what I am here for. Why you gotta be a prick about things. I'm 18 here looking for some advice and all i get is bitched at.
LOL!!

Ok dude, if you can get a laugh out of me like that your alright in my book.

I think the R6 would have the advantage on the bike scale. But the noob might not have the balls to pull the 17,500 redline. He will shift early, and the bike has little power under 10,000rpm. That's where you have him, if you hit the line before shifting you should come out on top. When I was a noob (or still am I Smitty?) I rarley pushed my bike to the redline. Plus the chances of him trying to take off to quick and looping it are high.

So practice your launch and shifts and spank his ass...

Let us know...




-M-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Ben23GSXR750 said:
I need to know who would win a 2000 GSXR 750 with a TRE and one tooth down in front and one up in back, BMC racing air filter......Or a stock 2006 R6????

The kids parents just bought him the bike. He is a 17 year old punk. This is the kids first year of riding if i should race him any tips on how to humiliate him????
Give it time as he will humiliate himself or you can just humiliate yourself by say " Hi my names ben and i'm a SQUID "

LOL...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Well, turns out the '06 R6 doesn't rev to 17.5k like Yamaha claimed. I'm not sure how that's relevant to this thread though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Being that Your the experienced rider, you should advise him, that he needs to get some riding experience before he attemps to race ....and hopefully you guys will be doing that at the dragstrip...

IMHO, the 750 will beat the R6 hands down..riders being equal..

JFYI, the 06 R6 lacks in midrange powrer, compared to 05 gix 600 according to some dyno charts.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
gsxr 750 vs. r6

Are you kidding me? Why would you ask a question like that. Don't you know that Suzuki sets the bar for all sport bikes. The 750 could almost keep up with the r1. So it will blow the r6 out of the water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
Well, turns out the '06 R6 doesn't rev to 17.5k like Yamaha claimed. I'm not sure how that's relevant to this thread though.
Are you talking about it actually being 16.5k? Supposedly its a common thing for manufacturers to lie about....


Ame 03002: We're talking 6 years difference in the bikes...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top