Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I stripped the fairing off the gixxer today, in preparation for my fairing that will be here early in the week. I have a question for anyone who has had a GSX-R 600 or 750. When looking down on the bike, while standing over it (not on it), you can look down, and see this T-bar that attaches to the frame at the front. It has two holes, with rubber grommets. I am trying to figure out what this "should" attach to. I notice mine is not attached to anything, and there are two holes, that look like they should mount the head piece to this, but they are about 1.5 to 2 inches off on each side. I am thinking that the metal piece with the grommets is NOT from a gixxer 750, since it doesn't line up, and this head piece is in fact from a 97 gsx-r 750. So I am looking for verification if anyone might be able to help.

Please spare me the speech about how my bike has been totally f'd over, and that sucks, blah blah, because my own thoughts in my head as to what this bike might have been through, are more than enough to drive me insane. *grin*

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out what it was, it was where the headlight should mount to. I guess when it was wrecked before I got the bike, the headlight mounts cracked off. So I will have to replace the headlight someday, blech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts