Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there would be any interest in a group buy for the Baxley Sport Chocks.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Sportchock.html

They come in 5 colors for $240 or black for $230 plus shipping and handling.

Now, if we order 12 chocks, they will give us free shipping.

Also, we will get an additional 10% off if a person with a racing license does the ordering for us.

And, we can get an additional 10% off if the person doing the ordering has a CMA membership.

(if this same person was a vet, we would get another discount as well)

So, this person who does the ordering (I have one of our members in mind) would have to order the 12 stands and have them shipped to thier business address to make this work.

However, we would end up getting these stands for around $192 (maybe less) instead of the $240 plus shipping and handling.

What I would do is have all the money given to the person who would do the ordering before they ordered. It would be too expensive for them to float the price until everyone paid.

So, is there any interest? Comments?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also a vet?
That is great news, as that would be worth another 10% off the price, but I believe they require the vet to be either active or retired.

However, maybe that can count too?

For me, I am thinking about a nice blue stand for my Hayabusa.

Where you thinking Black Crinkle or Black Chrome?

I am hoping that we can get enough people to do this soon, otherwise, maybe it will just be the 2 of us?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I would be interested in a black one as well, and possibly two, if I get my enclosed trailer soon.

Please keep me posted.

Jon

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are going to spend the money on wheel chocks (even though you are getting a discount), buy the Condor. You can take them out of the trailer and use them at the track in one easy snap (dual purpose:thumbs2:) .:2cents:

http://www.condor-lift.com/product.asp?ItemID=1001
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/122_0609_baxley_chock_condor_pit_stop/index.html

MC Tested: Baxley Sport Chock vs. Condor Pit-Stop
You really can't go wrong with either

Let's hear it for life's special moments. Such as coming into the pits on a scorching-hot track day andhaving your paddock stand just out of reach of your sweating, trembling fingers. Or, better yet,watching your bike topple off the stand in slow-mo, because you fumbled the lift.

There is a better way, of course. With a chock, you can simply ride into it and nail the dismount for aunanimous 10.0 from the judges. Both the Baxley Trailer Co. and Condor offer such devices, Baxley'snamed the Sport Chock and Condor's the Pit-Stop. Although the duo perform the same basic function ofholding a motorcycle upright, physically they're world's apart.

Baxley's non-adjustable Sport Chock, for instance, is made of welded steel tubes and plates and comes inblack crinkle, black chrome, and blue, green, red or yellow powder-coat finishes. Condor's Pit-Stop isconstructed of aluminum extrusions and can be adjusted to fit front or rear wheels from 14 to 22 inchesin diameter and tires 80 to 230mm wide. The Baxley has a slightly smaller footprint and a locking tab toabsolutely prevent a bike from rolling backward, while the Condor can fold flat for storage and hasslightly nicer build quality.

There are key similarities, apart from pure function. Both can be used on trailers or in pickup beds(Condor even offers a kit for those purposes), both weigh a claimed 21 pounds, and they cost almost thesame: $215 for the Sport Chock in black crinkle, $225 for other colors/finishes; $235 for the Pit-Stop.To put it into perspective, the difference between them is roughly the cost of one knee slider.

One caveat, though. As one editor found out, it's nearly impossible to extract single-handed arelatively heavy motorcycle from a chock that's unsecured to a slightly slippery surface, such as apolished-concrete garage floor.

Still, if someone held a gun to the metaphorical editorial head, we'd probably squeak out, "ThePit-Stop," simply because its adjustability makes it more versatile. But if you've only got one bike anddon't need the Condor's extra features, the Baxley Sport Chock makes more sense. You really can't gowrong with either.

You will, however, be able to avoid some of life's more special moments.

BAXLEY SPORT CHOCK CONDOR PIT-STOP

PRICE
Sport Chock MSRP: $215/$225
Pit-Stop MSRP: $235

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I prefer the Baxley over the Condor.
Oh well.

The Busa fits in the Baxley nicely and simply. No muss, no fuss.
And it is nicer looking IMHO. The blue matches my eyes!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I prefer the Baxley over the Condor.
Oh well.

The Busa fits in the Baxley nicely and simply. No muss, no fuss.
And it is nicer looking IMHO. The blue matches my eyes!
You're senile :2cents:

Condor :thumbs2:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
For anyone interested, I picked up the Harbor Freight version of the Condor/Baxley this weekend for $60 (normally $90). Go here to check it out: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=97841&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

They blatantly stole the design of the Condor/Baxley, so it's the same basic principle as the expensive ones. It isn't as "pretty" as the high-end versions, and you could argue it isn't as well made, but for $60, it's a no-brainer in my mind. They had one at the store put together that looked very sturdy, but I will be assembling and using mine in a few days, so I can post a real review then. Just another option out there for those cheapskates like me! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
For anyone interested, I picked up the Harbor Freight version of the Condor/Baxley this weekend for $60 (normally $90). Go here to check it out: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=97841&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

They blatantly stole the design of the Condor/Baxley, so it's the same basic principle as the expensive ones. It isn't as "pretty" as the high-end versions, and you could argue it isn't as well made, but for $60, it's a no-brainer in my mind. They had one at the store put together that looked very sturdy, but I will be assembling and using mine in a few days, so I can post a real review then. Just another option out there for those cheapskates like me! :)

I'll be waiting to see your review! If the bike doesn't fall over and you can drag it off the stand without dragging the stand with you... :thumbs2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts