Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with Griot's? I get their high-end car care catalog. In the catalog is a ton of products for car and bike - I'm wondering if anyone here has used their waxes, cleaners and products, and what the results were?

Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've bought both detailing supplies and tools from them. Products and service are both excellent. I currently use their wax, Instant Detailer, and paint-cleaning clay. The Detailer's Handbook has lots of useful info.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Griots

DataDan:

Thanks for the reply. I've had my concerns about rubbing clay onto a clear coat and plastic - glad you've had success with their products.

Looks like I'll give them a try.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Griot's has some good products. They are car enthusiasts. They do their own research on products before offering them in their catalog.

It is a good idea, however, to look around with respect to most of what they sell, as their prices on many items are a lot more than what they sell for elsewhere. For example, their "ultimate" hose nozzle? They want like $80 for it. I found the same nozzle on another site for $29. As you can see by this example, there is a lot of mark up.

Their detailing stuff is good, but not excellent. They have a low level scratch removal system which will not take out very much scratching on paint. Probably designed that way so the average buyer does not burn through their paint on the first pass of the polisher.

There is paint detaling stuff sold elsewhere that is better, takes less time to use and is better quality for the same or less money (in my opinion). Like the 3M professional line (you have to buy it at auto body supply shops or a few auto parts stores carry part of the line).

They do offer tools and some shop accessories that are unique and top quality, such as their tool cabinets, which you can stand on the drawers (when they are pulled out) without damaging the suspension on them. Of course, like everything else they sell, you pay a very high price for them (around $1100 for the five drawer cabinet as I recall).

·
Registered
4 Posts
As noted already, Griots has some nice products and great service. Prices however seem to be on the high side. As a detailer that would make no sense for me to use that product when there are many others out there for less money and probably give me a better shine/protection.

That other site .. dccarcare ... holy cow thats pricey! I saw the 24 dollar kit and thought ... man I need to grab some of that stuff if its that cheap! Then I look at its 100 bucks! ouch! Great product in there though. Again, as a detailer that wouldnt be the way I could go, although weekenders can do something like that with amazing results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts