Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone, I'm new to the site but have been riding for nearly 5 years and looking forward for many to come. I have an '02 Suzuki GSX-R and it's my baby. I joined to learn more about bikes and for the simple fact that I enjoy bs'ing about motorcycles in general. I'm in Pgh and ride every day it's nice out for the most part. SBW freaking rocks thanks for the great site.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree I discovered this site on accident a couple years ago. Its great use it all you can, for all sorts of advice!Ive already learned a lot about my bike thanx to this site:2cents:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome to the harassment :twofinger

stinkin' Aussies :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the warm welcome...

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
My name is Vash and I'm a sportbike addict.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vaneo are you a PJ? that's what it looks like in the pic at least?

·
Registered
231 Posts
crazy2758 said:
vaneo are you a PJ? that's what it looks like in the pic at least?
Im an Avionics Technician in the Coast Guard, this is the airfram that I work on and fly in. Whats a PJ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was in the Air Force Security Forces for 4 years. A PJ is a nickname for an Air Force Pararescueman. They're pretty badass... the go to combat scuba, airborne, halo, all that shit, they get tabbed out and their training regimens are absolutley ridiculous. They say that throughout the course of their training nearly every PJ drowns at least once or twice and is then revived only to be tossed back into the water to work on whatever it was they were doing when they drowned. If you think it sounds interesting here's a good site about PJ's and CCT's www.specialtactics.com I went in for CCT and kind of got screwed out of it and ended up being Security Forces which wasn't too bad. PJ's are more badass than Navy Seals and such in the opinions of many for the sheer reason that their training is more difficult supposedly. I was neither a PJ nor a SEAL so what the hell do I know. The picture looks like a PJ op though so that's why i asked. Now I'm rambling so I better stop myself.

·
Registered
231 Posts
crazy2758 said:
I was in the Air Force Security Forces for 4 years. A PJ is a nickname for an Air Force Pararescueman. They're pretty badass... the go to combat scuba, airborne, halo, all that shit, they get tabbed out and their training regimens are absolutley ridiculous. They say that throughout the course of their training nearly every PJ drowns at least once or twice and is then revived only to be tossed back into the water to work on whatever it was they were doing when they drowned. If you think it sounds interesting here's a good site about PJ's and CCT's www.specialtactics.com I went in for CCT and kind of got screwed out of it and ended up being Security Forces which wasn't too bad. PJ's are more badass than Navy Seals and such in the opinions of many for the sheer reason that their training is more difficult supposedly. I was neither a PJ nor a SEAL so what the hell do I know. The picture looks like a PJ op though so that's why i asked. Now I'm rambling so I better stop myself.
Sounds cool, the guy on the hoist is a rescue swimmer, and the other guy operating the hoist is the flight mechanic which can be an AET or AMT, oddly enough I wont be working with this airframe anymore becuase I applied for an "O" program and got in.:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts