Sportbike World banner

Grattan Private Trackday

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  KM2006 
#1 ·
OK, here is the deal, I have been talking about putting on a private track day or 3 this summer and I'm now putting it together...we need at least 20 riders, and I won't have more than 40, I think a total of 30 would be a nice number...20 or 30 min sessions all day...

It will be $160/person or less, depending on # of riders...

$160 a person based on having a total of 20-24 riders
$150 a person based on having a total of 25-29 riders
$140 a person based on having a total of 30-40 riders

This would include the track being open from 9-5, and would include an ambulace and total of 7 corner workers, that includes one at the starter stand. Food and drinks will not be provided, so you will have to bring your own, I'm not sure if Sam will have the concession stand open...

I would like to do this sometime in June, and then another in July, and Hopefully one in August...maybe more if it goes well and there is the interest...

Please post up some ideas on who is in, and what day of the week works best for everybody...I am assuming Friday's will be good, but will probably be tough to get, Monday's might also be a good option...

I am posting this on a few diffrent forums, but I want to "know" everybody who is there, or at least have somebody I know or have at least ridden with vouch for them.

Let me know so we can get this rolling!

Mike

See less See more
#5 ·
desmo900rider said:
STT LED day is $170 at Grattan...I'm just covering costs at those prices...if you have any ways to make it cheaper I would love to hear them...
If you were doing them for a buck, Steve would have said the same thing. I agree, Come on Steve, I'll attend your $35 trackday when you have it :laughing:

#11 ·
flip f4i pilot said:
Trick question... depends on Steve is one of the 3
You win, you win nothing but you still win. :D

#15 ·
almightys said:
im just sying that the Apex group is cheaper and so are two other private ones I have heard about.
and what you r are saying above is why i dont do a STT event
:D
Let me tell you how awesome it is to be try to take the time to put on an event for people to ride, not make any money on it, and then listen to somebody whine about it behind a keyboard...that makes my day...

I have no idea how Apex is putting on those days so cheap, I would assume because of a few factors...they most likely got a deal from Grattan because they booked 4 days in advance, all Mondays, and they are most likely anticipating having more riders to cover it...or maybe they are losing money, you'll have to ask them...but yeah, its a great deal and I plan to ride some of their days myself...

I know what the track, ambulance, and corner workers cost, and I know what I quoted...yup, you are right, the prices I came up with are a whopping $5 more than Michaels, who by the way is the only other person I have heard of taking the initiative to do this...and that money is going to an extra corner worker to be at the starter stand, maybe its a bad choice on my part, but, tell you what...

...if you come, I will personally buy you an Xtra value meal to offset your lost $5... but you don't get to look at the corner worker in the started stand, deal?

#16 ·
desmo900rider said:
Let me tell you how awesome it is to be try to take the time to put on an event for people to ride, not make any money on it, and then listen to somebody whine about it behind a keyboard...that makes my day...

I have no idea how Apex is putting on those days so cheap, I would assume because of a few factors...they most likely got a deal from Grattan because they booked 4 days in advance, all Mondays, and they are most likely anticipating having more riders to cover it...or maybe they are losing money, you'll have to ask them...but yeah, its a great deal and I plan to ride some of their days myself...

I know what the track, ambulance, and corner workers cost, and I know what I quoted...yup, you are right, the prices I came up with are a whopping $5 more than Michaels, who by the way is the only other person I have heard of taking the initiative to do this...and that money is going to an extra corner worker to be at the starter stand, maybe its a bad choice on my part, but, tell you what...

...if you come, I will personally buy you an Xtra value meal to offset your lost $5... but you don't get to look at the corner worker in the started stand, deal?
dont feel cheated guy. i would not have any problem telling my pc thoughts in person either.
:twofinger

#19 ·
KM2006 said:
***EDITED***Sorry, we don't allow flaming here. - Bluto

:confused: half the guys here are flaming, look at James :twofinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.